Saturday, July 20, 2019

July 19, 2019 – Week 7, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

18” Jack Stand Pulls
135x5
225x3
315x2
Added Suit
405x1
495x1
Added Straps
585x1
675x1
765x0
735x1

Kettlebell Goblet Squats
53x10
53x10

Hanging Leg Raises
BWx30
BWx30

Stretching

Comments: It has been a stressful week and uncomfortably hot every day essentially. Even with the heat, I went for a walk the day before with how stressed out I was as I needed to do something to clear my head. Like a walking on a treadmill in sauna at this point. Supposed to be even hotter this weekend. Right knee is bothering me from Wednesday. That foot slip lapping 270lbs seems to be an issue. I can’t tell if it is just muscle related or joint related. I’m thinking it is more muscle as depending on my knee tracking, it feels nothing. But hard to say. The walking yesterday wasn’t probably a good idea for the knee but my head needed it. Trying to stay hydrated. Even being in A/C office, I was down about 5lbs from when I got up the morning and when I got home from work. I had left early to catch up on work and that meant coming home to get my workout stuff ready. So I was a little slow going when I got home and ready to train. It wasn’t much this day and with the plan being to do not a damn thing Saturday, I could afford for a later evening. AMT to warm-up. Heart rate was up to 153bpm at the end. Knee didn’t bother me on this. Majority of the warm-ups also didn’t bother my knee. Not as many people today upstairs so I did most of the movement and stretching upstairs, even if it was a little warmer.  18” deadlifts for today again. Plan was a heavy single again but more weight. Suggestion was do same warm-up and then plate jumps to 675lbs and then decide on between 735-765lbs for the top single. Trying to get my legs into these a bit more with my setup. I was not feeling the best leading up to or shortly before this session (heat was having me feel like I had cramps in my calves and abdominals the past two days on occasion) but things seemed good once I started. Last set with no suit felt like it was a decent weight compared from the jumps of empty to one pair of plates. Grip felt good on 495lbs. Maybe 585lbs no straps but figured that that wasn’t wise as I wanted to get used to the straps for the heavier stuff and not waste energy on a potential missed lift like I did the very first time this workout was done this training cycle. 675lbs felt pretty comfortable compared to last time and I figured that I had a shot at 765lbs. Would tie my PR from this height (though anything over 725lbs on the jack stands was a PR). I feel like this setup is harder than the rack pulls I was doing but I can’t really do them anymore so hard to say. I may just be weaker having injured my back 8 months ago and having to start from near zero again. I was really hoping the nervous energy for the log press would do it today but I didn’t even break the weight fully off the ground. Ugh. I really didn’t want to leave on a missed lift, especially when it didn’t break the floor. I knew it was a risk trying again as missing even less weight would make me depressed and there was a chance that I’d spent my energy to try this weight. I dropped the weight down to 735lbs, which had been the minimum for today. This was a grind but I knew I had it after I felt it break the ground. No hitching so still good building. This wouldn’t have been nearly as hard if I had went for it first. Annoying but I got more weight. Plan for next time is no more than 745lbs. That will be the last one before NY Record Breakers. After that was lighter stuff. As last time, the kettlebell squats followed. Same weight and reps. Just something to keep the ROM and flexibility. This seems to be the case for these in this workout. The no pain in the knee on rack pulls didn’t last when I had to do full squats. I knew I couldn’t jump right into this after the last time with how achy my knees felt after the max rack pulls. Box squats with no weight seemed fine but that full ROM was a little much and I ended up putting a copper knee sleeve on my right knee to keep it from being as angry with me. Didn’t take much rest. The weight and reps are easy but my knee didn’t care for this. Final thing was hanging leg raises. Two sets again but goal of 25-30 reps. These get harder each time with the rep range increasing each time. Left shoulder didn’t like these on the first rep of the first set. Once my body position adjusted, it seemed to be better. 30 reps that first set wasn’t too bad, but I knew that matching that for another was a tall order. I tried to take my time putting away the weights from the rack pulls. Really had to fight to get those reps. Lower back was pretty tight from today. Home to stretch, eat and recover. Tylenol, soft tissue and icing to try and combat the knee issue. Got an achy left shoulder and a tender right knee.


No comments:

Post a Comment