Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 01, 2014 – Week 6, Day 3

Dynamic Warm-ups

15" Rack Pulls
135x5
135x5
245x3
300x3
350x5
400x5
Add Straps
450x5
500x5
550x3

55 Gallon Oil Drum Medley
200x100' keg style/200x63'9" bear hug style

Prowler Pushes
375x64'
375x88'

26 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Overreached today. The exercise to start off the session was very similar to what caused my injury back in December. Rack pulls make me feel weak when they are below my knees. Too used to using a bendy deadlift bar and blocks. Unsure if my forearms were too sore from the back extensions and pulldown abs but my grip sucked today. Put straps on much earlier than I planned. I don't really have a record for rack pulls at this height but I thought I'd have more in me. 500lbs was tough and about pooped myself on the last rep. Only enough in me to gut out a triple with 550lbs. No pain so that is always a good thing. Again overestimated my abilities with the oil drum. I thought 200lbs would be light enough but nope. Plan was one run going 100' carrying it keg style, run back 50' and then back to grab it again but carry it 100' bear hug style. Keg carry style wasn't bad but bear hug was awful. Hamstring just wouldn't work and I couldn't finish. Too many mistakes on my part but better to learn weaknesses and missteps in training then when it matters. I had the bright idea to sweep the gravel out of the way on the prowler. On the first run, I was only smart enough to brush the start and I had all kinds of issues down the stretch. The next run I did more sweeping and improved my performance greatly. Need to remember that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment