Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 18, 2014 – Week 9, Day 1

So here is the plan now: I'm going back to Shreveport to try my hand at the pro card again. I know, I'm coming back from injury (not to mention Saturday's workout left it's mark) but this seems to be my best shot with the events (stones would have been nice haha). The way I'm treating this is as if this were Nationals as I know I won't be able to go out to Reno, NV and it would cost way more than going to Shreveport, LA. So going all in for this show and then the plan is to go into an off-season training period for at least a couple months, maybe until the following year. I think this would be beneficial for me in the long run. Game of inches.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Axle Clean & Jerks (one clean)
72x5
72x5
116x3
160x3
200x3
220x3
240x3
260x3
280x3
300x3 PR+5lbs & 1 rep
315x2 PR+5lbs & 1 rep

Seated Axle Lockouts (forehead height)
160x5
180x5
200x5
220x5

29 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Haven't done any type of clean/continental since December so about 3 months out of practice. Didn't help that my biceps were sore and felt like rotten fruit filled with sleeping bees. I had to make a change to my normal axle clean from starting double overhand. I was leery about using over-under grip but I know it will lead to bigger weights that I can get on to my shoulder to lift. More force and grip strength is needed for the DOH grip. It works though; just need to clean up my technique more before show time. The most I had done for a single is 310lbs at Nationals two years ago and the most I've done in the gym was 307lbs on my axle. Considering the time off, it's a damn good start. Very close on both missed reps (1st try at 3rd rep for 300lbs and 315lbs) so I know that the strength is there for more. Moved from there on to seated axle stuff. More of a half press than a lockout and very much where I hit a sticking point on my strict presses. Would have liked more but I knew 220lbs was my limit. I was tempted to try a little more but figured that I already beat myself up with the heavy axle stuff. Arms are going to hate me until they heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment