Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012 – Day 1, Week 5

Dynamic Warm-ups

1) Strict Presses – Up to several sets of 235×3

2) Barbell Close Grip Bench Presses – Up to 290x2

3) Neutral Grip Pullups – bw+25x3x6

4) Parallel Bar Dips – bw+110x2x8

5) Chinups – 75 reps total

6) 3" Thick Bar Curls – 80x3x8 (5 sec negatives)

7) Isometric Abs

32 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Back at it after the deload. With the Y closed tomorrow, I moved this workout up to today. Got most of the workout done before the Y closed at 4:00 and finished up the rest at Jenkins’. Overhead was flying up today, only issues came with lockout on some reps. Quite pleased with how these went. Went right in to some benching. A little rough on the first set but just plain crushed it on all the sets. Dip belt was being used so I took one of the ab slings and wrapped it around my neck to attach weights for neutral grip pull-ups. Certainly made them harder than they should have been but I was going against the clock. Dip belt was free after that so I could get in my dips right before the Y closed. Starting to get challenging again. Went over to Mike’s to finish the workout so a bit of a break in-between (drank a shake and ate some almonds). I was not looking forward to the chin-ups with the short rests. Goal was 75 reps total. Got a bunch on the first set but I suck at endurance and I ended up just get a few reps until finish. Tried out the new thick bar for curls. Figured since an axle isn’t that thick compared to my hands that this would be better suited for me, especially with it being the same handle thickness as my circus dumbbell. Strange using that thick of a bar. Finished up with abs and stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment