Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 15, 2012 – Day 4, Week 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

1) Deadlifts – Up to 560×1 (supposed to a triple)

2) Deadlifts – 495 for sets of 3 with short rest

3) Dumbbell Shrugs – 140’sx3x15

4) Bent Over Dead Stop Rows – 285x3x5

5) Glute Ham Raises – bwx3x7

6) Sled Drags – 670 for sets of 77’

7) Atlas Stones – 365 for sets of 6 (58”)

8) Yoke – 750 for sets of 50’

Comments: I wasn't as nervous as I was this time last week as I knew the workout was doable. Perhaps that confidence was to my disadvantage. Same plan as last time, just earlier in the day. Had a bad case of indigestion during this workout. I was feeling alright warming up, just a tad slower than last week. Only got a single with the heavy triple. Couldn't budge it for another rep. Can't tell you how angry and defeated I felt. A heart-breaker moment if there ever was one. Almost killed the whole workout. Took a lot of willpower to keep it together and continue. You can imagine how worried that had me for the sets with 495lbs. The first set felt like death but some how I continued and did set after set after set. Just about vomited doing the last rep of the last set. Shrugs were still pretty easy. Had to use the plate loadable handles since the gym only goes up to 120's. Noticeably tougher but still really easy. Beat feet over to the other gym after the shrugs. I was solo again as Jenkins wasn't feeling well. Did several warm-ups for the rows. No issues in my arms this time. Glute hams were pretty much the same as last time. Kind of thankful for that as my right hamstring was really hating me at this point. Sled drags were on the menu for tonight. Loaded up the prowler with a lot of plates and pull on the turf. Went down and then back for about 77' total. Not bad, my foot work was good. Coming back was noticeably harder than the first leg. No help again for stones so I just used tape this time. I knew that 335lbs would be way too easy so I wen with the 365lbs stone. The thing has got to be the worst stone to lift. The thing was poorly cured and was never sealed so it is just covered in dirt and dust, with pieces of concrete coming off of it. Despite all of that, it was really strong lifting. I would never have thought that my stones would still be this strong after the vicious deadlifting. I looked like I had belly flopped into freshly poured cement by the time I was done. Much easier clean up this time and already had the yoke ready to go. Did picks to warm-up. No quad cramping this time but my knees were sore. I did the two runs with 750lbs without issue. First run was tough but the second was much easier. Almost as long of a workout as last time. Went home and ate seven t-bone steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment