Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 01, 2013 – Day 2, Week 5

Dynamic Warm-ups

1) Squats – Up to 465×4

2) Pause Squats w/ 100lbs of Chains - 330 for sets of 3

3) Olympic Pause Squats – 340 for sets of 5

4) Weighted Crunches – 100x3x12

5) Axle Cleans – 230x3x5

6) One Legged Romanian Dumbbell Deadlifts – 90’sx2x6

7) Land Mines – 25x4x8

30 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Had to opportunity to workout today even with most places closed so I took it. Slept in a tad later than I had planned but I was exhausted from yesterday. Goal for the day was to work up to 465lbs and do my thing. Kind of worried with how it would go since I've been doing multiple sets with my work weights for the past few weeks. Maybe I wouldn't be firing on all cylinders just like that. Luckily those fears evaporated when I got under the bar. Quite pleased with how it went considering a double had been my best a couple months ago. Going from the heavy squats to chain pause squats was weird. Balance troubles walking out the weight were the first issue. The second was I it felt strange in the hole since the weight was much lighter. I'm used to feeling crushed and loading the legs like springs in the hole. Both things surprised me on the first set. I adapted and got better at it as the sets went on. Actually quite easy, almost speed work. High bar stuff was rough. Not getting any easier haha. Abs are almost active rest at this point. Decided to do axle cleans to keep my options open. First set was total garbage. I blame some of it on getting cooled down too much messing around with my car deadlift frame. I rectified that for the next two sets. I broke down the lift in my head and found it was a much crisper movement if I secured my grip and flexed it off the floor rather than a rip and grip style. Increased volume on one leg rdl's was definitely noticed. Quite challenging now, especially after all the squatting. Finished up with more abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment