Monday, August 27, 2012

August 26, 2012 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Sled Drags
141x200' (turn at 100')
241x100'
341x50'

Husafell Carries/Sled Drag Medleys
300xpick
400x146'8" (turns at 42')/241x100'
400x136'8" (turns at 42')/341x100'

Comments: Doesn't look like a lot but it was a super long day. A last resort type training situation to get the work in if you will. Ended up driving down to The Edge down near DC. Left at 9:30 AM and got back after 7:10 PM. Lower back was and is still super stiff and the long car ride didn't help matters. Took the sled outside and had a bit over 100' to work with. I treated the sled drags as warm-up as the goal for all of them was foot speed. They all felt good and appropriate for what I needed to hit. Husafell was worrying me with my back. Wasn't sure if I could even pick up the weights. I actually had a tough time getting it to contest weight. Stuffed that thing to the rafters with ankle weights, collars, chains, 2.5lbs plates, tiny dumbbells and some lead ingots. As I thought, the pick felt awful but once I was up, it was light in my hands. Had to make short turns since the one section had thin matting. While not a PR, it is the farthest I've gone in training. Jogged outside to do the sled drag. I waited probably close to an hour to do the next set as my back was throbbing and other people needed to use the husafell stone. After they were done, I loaded it back up and gave it another run. Only lost 10' from the last run. Sled drag was quite tough but still manageable. Got stuck in traffic coming home. Felt good to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment