Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 14, 2012 - Upper Body Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Bigg Dogg Strongg Dumbbell Clean and Presses
35x1 R
35x1 L
55x1 R
55x1 L
75x1 R
75x1 L
95x1 R
95x1 L
115x1 R
115x1 L
131x1 R
131x1 L
151x1 R
151x1 L
177x0,0 R
177x0,0 L
129x7 R
129x7 L

29 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: I knew I wasn't going to be at my best and to just roll with the punches this session as I had done a tough upper body workout just two days earlier. Warmed up with a plate loadable dumbbell handle before switching to the actual circus dumbbell. Quite a different tactic from how I used to train this lift as I'm now treating each side as it's own separate lift. Right side is definitely weaker due to lack of training. I injured my thumb back in April training it so this was the first serious workout on that side since then. I made a bigger jump than I should for the last single. I didn't have my wrench to make sure the clamps stayed tight so I just elected to go with the end caps. Too much for today. Felt stapled to my right side and just kept launching it up and forward on the left. Just couldn't recover and lock it out for those. Gave each side two attempts before moving on to the reps. Should have used a little less but I felt it was more important to get used to the empty implement than some predetermined weight, especially since I felt I had more in the tank than the effort showed. The reps felt good. Took long rest to make sure each side got a fair shot. Left side was much easier to get the seven reps for the workout. Got a long way to go to get where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment