Monday, February 17, 2020

February 16, 2020 – Week 11, Day 3

5 Minutes NordicTrack

Mobility Prep

Farmer’s Walk (16” pick, increasing pace)
Titan Fitness
(turns at 50’)
115x100’ (to the left)
115x100’ (to the right)
(turns at 25’)
205x50’ (to the left)
205x50’ (to the right)
Rogue Fitness
(straight shot)
263x50’
323x50’ in 10.80 seconds

Stone of Steel Loads (54”)
138x5
192x5
244x5

Prowler Pushes (turf)
240x50’/50’
240x50’/50’
240x50’/50’
240x50’/50’
240x50’/50’

Stretching

Comments: A tad anxious. Didn’t like that I was having symptoms in my leg again with aches and pains in the left hip. Had holiday plans so no walking on Friday as left right after work. Just wanted to sleep when Saturday evening after eating a ton of food in a short period of time. I ended up taking ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer so that I got some quality sleep and hopefully have my back not be in spasm. Trying something different with pillows (one under the lower back and one between my knees) to see if that makes me less stiff upon waking. I got up to my alarm after hitting snooze I think just once. Maybe twice. Still not keen on training. It would be one thing if I was at home or really nearby but driving out a about an hour doesn’t lend itself to being able to be close if something happens. But I guess that is a risk any time I train. Even when things are feeling 100%. Not like I had much warning that one time my hamstring tore or I pulled my biceps. Granted the hamstring one I had to call my parents to drive me home but I drove home with the biceps injury. I had bought a foam roller for at home so I did that before I felt like I was ready to go. There was just one person at the gym when I got there. Most of the lights were off and no music. Not a problem. Warmed up and got ready to train. I must have been distracted as I somehow messed up my timing between alternating forward and backwards on the NordicTrack. But I felt good despite symptoms. Started off the session with farmer’s walk. Same as last time, except I used the correct weights this time. Unlike last time though, I did shorter rests on the sets with the turns. Not in-between weights but with sets that were the same weight. This is light stuff so I’d do the set, turning to the left and then go for walk down and back on the turf and then to the set turning to the right.  Again, the 90lbs jump was noticeable. I did adjust putting on support gear for the midsection so that I didn’t strain something in my oblique again. Starting slow and trying to pick up my pace too. Tried doing that each set, even when the weight was the same. My second set with the right side turn was a slower than my left turn. I biffed that turn up. I’m getting more used to these handles but I still don’t like them when the wires are touching my legs on some sets. So far, so good. I switched back to my other handles for the straight shot runs. By this point, there were some people in the gym but I didn’t really want to bother anyone at this point, especially since the top set was the one that was going to matter. Very casual run with 263lbs. This was quite easy. It took a bit longer to get things ready for the top set. I had thought I could get away with doing it all bumper plates but some 45lbs are thicker than others so I had to swap out some different plates to make it work. This was one of the things I was anxious about for this workout. This was a 30lbs per hand jump from last time and that pick wasn’t that easy last time. Had Elena help with commands. Again, it can be tricky with timing and with a heavy weight like this. I was a bit slow on my responses and with how slow my pick up is there was visible confusion haha. This was a slow pick for me but I knew it was coming up after it started to go. It was more a matter of if I could stand up safely. I did and got moving. Still not hitting my top speed. Not sure why but I feel I can go up a notch if needed on the farmer’s vs yoke. Felt comfortable in my hands and on my body once I was moving. Very close to my time with 30lbs less per hand without even trying to. So this is looking good for me. Stone of steel after that. Just loads this time. Again, not sure how I feel with these. I feel more secure with the rows for some reason versus the picking this up to load. Not sure if it’s because I have to make sure I clear my knees or that I can’t always grip the same spot if going like a contest run. So nervous about the right biceps and then also the back. Just sets of five here. I did set things up so that the stone wouldn’t roll off the drop platform. Much easier to count reps haha. I was supposed to go up 50lbs and then 100lbs but not able to get things exact so went heavier rather than lighter. My form it off on these. Hitting the bar on the ascent and what not. My back cracked on the second rep of the last set. I was like “oh shit” as I didn’t triple extend with my ankles and was all back. It was the same spot but no pain. It actually felt like stuff went back to how it was. So lucky me? Last thing for the day was prowler pushes. Same as the past few times using the turf and two implements to get 100’ and constant work. Only went up 5lbs with how tough this was last time. Didn’t feel so bad to start honestly. Right knee did start to ache as I did these as my calves got tired. Much better and I had my switching the prowlers around down to a much quicker turnaround. Did some reverse hypers and bar hangs before heading home.


No comments:

Post a Comment