Sunday, February 2, 2020

February 1, 2020 – Week 9, Day 3

5 Minutes NordicTrack

Mobility Prep

Farmer’s Walk (16” pick, increasing pace)
Titan Fitness
(turns at 50’)
95x100’ (to the left)
95x100’ (to the right)
(turns at 25’)
185x50’ (to the left)
185x50’ (to the right)
Rogue Fitness
(straight shot)
253x50’
293x50’ in 10.49 seconds

Stone of Steel Rows/Loads (54”)
138x10 (rows)
138x9 (loads, miscounted)
190x5 (rows)
190x2 (loads)
226.5x25 (rows)

Prowler Pushes (turf)
235x50’/50’
235x50’/50’
235x50’/50’
235x50’/50’
235x50’/50’

Stretching

Comments: Even setting my alarm for a much later start time didn’t work. I needed more sleep. Ended up doing some recovery work before I went to go train. Car buffer on my IT bands and ice on my right knee. I’ve been forgetful and that might be from not getting all the sleep. I sound like a broken record about it. Training was going to be a bit different. A bit surprised to yet again see a lot of people there when I arrived later. I realized that I didn’t have my camera when I got there so I was going to have to rely on help with videoing stuff on my phone. Ended up talking a bit of shop and shit with people there. Farmer’s walk to start again. A bit different this time in that adding in turns. I figured that what made the most sense would be the top loaded handles that were the same height as my front loaded handles. Grip is a bit thicker and has knurling. Not a fan of the knurling. They feel weird with the metal wires for the pegs to lock in place. The concrete was in use on parts and the one side is still occupied with equipment for the upcoming contest so I figured it was alright to do stuff on the turf since I wasn’t really going to be going fast to start. I did misload these by 20lbs on all sets using these handles. I had grabbed what I thought were rubber incased 35lbs plates but they were 25lbs. I will make sure I get the right weights next time. I didn’t realize this until I was putting things away at the end of the workout. I’ve done turns intermittently and usually just going to the left. For some of my offseason kind of training, I was doing turns to the left and right in each set. This time, doing one way and then the other. Casual pace to start and then going up in speed. Stayed very slow for the turf stuff. The jump in 90lbs was noticeable. Turns weren’t bad but the weight isn’t a lot yet. I switched back to my other handles for the straight shot runs. Probably a good thing since I had misloaded the weights and I wouldn’t have realized until later. So instead of a 50lbs jump, it was a 70lbs jump. I also didn’t have my hard belt on as I didn’t wear anything the first set and only the copper belt the second set of weights. Something shifted in my right oblique on the pick with this weight. I finished the run with no issues. I think I thought it was one of the soft belts snapping or something. Not sure what it was but it wasn’t painful but my right oblique felt like it had a little bit of a cramp. As always, if something makes things feel worse, I stop. So used that as my guide. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to get the top weight. Not that I couldn’t do it but that if what I had done to my oblique would keep me from lifting it and meaning that I was back on the injured side of things. I had not bothered to get things timed for the previous set but I did for this last one. I feel I did very good at timing the commands with my start, especially from never getting commands from Andrew before. I actually compared it to my start from the Arnold and this was much better timing wise. Pick felt heavy and substantial. Like, it may not go. After that, grip was fine and so was everything else. Moving pretty good but not yet going for top speed. So a “casual 10 seconds” (as my friend Brian said) is pretty good for about 300lbs farmer’s. Stone of steel after that. This was a bit different. This was rows and loads mixed together. I’ve done something similar in the past when I was doing moving and loading event EMOMs to warm-up. So it was rows then loads and then back to rows. Trying to get back to loads again. Empty implement was easy for the rows. Loads was a bit different. See, I can be a bit more “violent” with the sandbags on the load. I can just load and go as they don’t really have to land on anything. The stone of steel does need to land on a crash pad. For both its and the floor’s protection. This made things go a bit slower. I was hesitant on things. I realized that going into the triple extension with plantarflexion was what had been bothering my knees. I generally don’t do that but not doing that puts a lot of stress on my back that is just bad mechanics. I really took my time on these to make sure I had the same stone every time. I miscounted and did only nine instead of ten. Next was to add 50lbs to it for some more rows and loads. But the two hemispheres were stuck. I ended up resorting to banging it with a kettlebell until the top released. Fun. Just a few rows and then I went right into the loads. I was to just do a single but having missed a rep on the first set, I settled on doing this for two. It rolled off the drop pad so I had to chase it down to do the next one. The last thing with it was more rows. Max rep set with about 220lbs. I figured that putting in two dense 45lbs plates would be just right. About 5lbs heavy. Makes up for being light last time. The stone was wobbly today. Had to readjust it a few times during the set. Not sure why but I feel more secure and less self-conscious about my right biceps being pulled on the rows then the picks to lap it. Not sure why that is. Is it in the positioning or the intent? Last item of the day was the prowler work. I had to get a little creative this time. The main, long uninterrupted stretch of corridor with turf was in use for other people doing things. That’s what I get for coming in so late. I didn’t want to keep on switching between concrete and parking lot and turf so I stuck to turf and got two prowlers. I’d do 50’ down on one and push the other one back 50’. Going up 15lbs was a bold move considering how slow I was last time. This was much the same. I was worried I’d not finish this after the first set, especially with how long it was taking to turn both of the implements around for the next set. It was pretty much finish and then move them and by the time I finished moving them, I had to go already. This was exhausting but I just kept pushing. My time to finish from set 1 to set 5 increased by 10 seconds. I was well worn by that point. Did empty reverse hyper for 50 reps again followed by some bar hangs and then 25 5 count holds of 90/90 diaphragm breathing. It was a late day and a late drive. Hopefully I can really sleep in tonight. Eat good food and work on recovery stuff. Hoping the oblique thing is nothing. I’m glad I have a deep tissue massage scheduled for Monday after work.


No comments:

Post a Comment