Friday, September 27, 2019

September 26, 2019 – Week 16, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

18” Box Squats
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x2
315x2
365x2

Stretching

Comments: It literally feels like I did this day before. Reading over the training from the last deload week it is almost the same thing. I wasn’t feeling motivated and again, some family issues made the previous 48hrs kind of stressful. Still feeling pretty good on that wellbeing side of things. Still got achy shoulders but seems just the one knee is achy right now. Been really pushing the TENS unit and other recovery stuff. Ideally I’d be not going so full bore but things aren’t ideal. I setup to do three contests over three months and I’m doing that. Trying to have my cake and eat it too with trying to hit the snooze button a lot and still stay up later. Figure I can come home from work and then get ready for the gym so I can sleep more. Made the most sense to do the roast workout timer again haha.  AMT felt ok , heart rate was only up to 149bpm. Stayed fairly low until the end as per usual. Ended up going downstairs to do most of my warm-up stuff due to some shenanigans upstairs haha. Knees had felt a little achy at the start but felt fine by the end.  Some things are tight and achy. To be expected I think doing the chiro and decompression sessions and being aggressive with the recovery stuff. I was also hoping to get the squat rack to be open so I could be near it and setup stuff once it was free. Box squats the only exercise for this workout. This ended up being frustrating as I set things up and had to shoo one person away (they checked with me) but I was unsuccessful with stopping another person from tearing done the setup to do squats. You’d think when they have to move a bunch of risers and overhead press the bar to get it on their back that someone big was using it. Oh well. Good thing I had a large roast (3.5lbs) cooking or I could be cutting it close here. I did some foam rolling on my left shoulder and both my hips, hamstrings and glutes. Set weights and reps here. Same as the previous box squat deload. I just kept my camera rolling the entire time again to just keep things moving. Quarter, plate, quarter jumps was the plan, working up to 365lbs for a double. I think I had the bar height a little too high for it to be comfortable for a fast unrack as I got up in weight. Left shoulder still all kinds of achy and funky still so it took a little to get used to this. Weights felt like I was blasting things up there up to 275lbs. Even that weight moved well. I felt slow last time this was moving quick. I had a little hiccup with 315lbs, which was my first set with the hard belt. I must have had it sit too low and the foam rolling must have made my nerves a bit more awake. Not sure but it feel like the belt was compressing something on the right side. Like a mild bee sting sensation. Only felt it on the box and it went away when I stopped and took the belt off. I was a little hesitant now and I adjusted the belt setup for the top set. I needed to make sure that I was ok. Not really able to get the belt 2 notches tight this time but I’ve been trying to get in more food. If this irritated things, I’d have to seriously reconsider going forward with the competition. My healthy and longevity are important to me, as much as I want to not give up, support my gym and compete in front of people I care about. The adjustment seemed to work. Felt like I had weight on my back this set. Again, probably would’ve felt better to unrack if I had it one setting lower. No issues, other than me starting to finally sweat by this point. Home to eat a lot of eye round roast, stretch and do recovery work. One more workout left. Then deep tissue massage Monday and then try to relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment