Thursday, September 12, 2019

September 11, 2019 – Week 14, Day 1

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

16” Front Box Squats
45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
225x3
225x3
225x3

Wide Grip Deadlifts
45x10
Added Straps
135x5
225x5

Back Raise Bench Sit-ups
BWx15
BWx15

Stretching

Comments: Body is raw. I feel like newly molted tarantula. Scary strong but total spongey right now. Lot of muscle soreness. But taking some time off my joints seem to not be so achy. Haven’t had to ice or buff stuff so far this week. Right foot (the one I dropped 310lbs on) had ached a few days but not anymore. Just some light bruising. But tired. I didn’t want to really workout with how light it was to be but I got to as I got very few training weeks of actual weight for these next two competitions. Even having the motivation of racing against the clock by putting a roast in the oven wasn’t enough to really motivate me to get off my duff and workout. I think a majority of my fooling around time after work was trying to get my new printer to work after get all these stupid ink cartridges. Still not working. I don’t got time for this during the week haha. So out to the gym, racing against the clock. I’d have an overcooked roast if I was tardy. AMT to warm-up.  Heart rate up to 144bpm. I was expecting to be higher. I was actually not going to check. Most of my movement prep and stretching was fine but then I did some bodyweight box squats and my quads wanted to murder me. Happens when they get a little deconditioned not doing them for a week three times a week I guess. But it wasn’t going to be an issue with the workout anyways. First up being front box squats. Just working up to 225lbs for three triples. No real knee issues today so that was great. Just did quarter-plate jumps. I took shorter rests than I usually do on these as it was lighter and I needed to move fast. No hard belts today. As is usually the case, last set felt the best. No breathing issues here. Tried to move quickly on to wide grip deads. A little unusual having a set with the empty bar. I figured no straps for that and more of a warm-up. Straps on for the next two sets (plate jumps). Lower back and hamstrings still very toasty from competing. I was worried I miscounted on the last set and only did four reps. Rest was just however long it took to add weight. No belts of any kind for these. Finished up with the back raise bench situps. I like these after the back stuff to work the abs and relieve some tension in the spine. Second set felt better but was tougher if the makes sense. I rushed home for a slightly overcooked roast and ate dinner before stretching out and hitting the hay.


No comments:

Post a Comment