Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 15, 2014 – Week 13, Day 1

Dynamic Warm-ups

Close Grip Barbell Bench Presses
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x5
245x5
265x5
285x5
305x5
325x5
340x3 PR+7lbs

Banded Push-ups
ABx25 PR+8 reps
ABx14
ABx13

26 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Still leery about the shoulder when it comes to upperbody stuff. Didn't bother me benching so that's good. Started out lighter than I have in the past with benching for my working sets as the last two times I started out at about 275lbs and only got in three sets. Did well and hit 5lbs more for my set of five than last time. I went for more with plans of getting just a triple. Got a big cramp in my right hips and glute area unracking the bar so I was kind of hamstrung that set, all wobbly and unstable. Spotter tried to help on the third rep but stopped short. Last time I attempted this weight, a spotter yanked it up while I was still grinding through the lift. Lightened the band tension back to just an Average band for the push-ups. That monster mini band makes a difference haha. I got a lot on the first set but couldn't recover to get anywhere close to that first set on the following sets. Only issues I had with my shoulder was putting band on to my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment