Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 01, 2014 – Week 11, Day 1

Dynamic Warm-ups

Barbell Incline Bench Presses (2 count pauses)
45x10
80x5
110x5
140x3
160x3
180x3
200x3
220x3
240x3
260x3
280x3

Standing Dumbbell Presses
80'sx10
80'sx10
80'sx10
80'sx10

29 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Apprehensive going into this workout with the achenes in my right shoulder. Did something to it last week strict pressing and probably aggravated by repetitive motions as work. My main thoughts were would it make me weaker, would it get worse lifting and would it prevent me from get full range of movement. I think it passed all those parameters. Even with the shoulder thing, workout went well. Hit what I wanted to hit. Still finding that what I can hit solid without wrist wraps is about 20lbs under what I can hit with them (plus a lot of slop on top). Standing presses with the dumbbells were a bit more touch and go. The gym (or someone who lifts there) bought some new 85lbs dumbbells and I was tempted to use those. However, I did 80's because I wasn't sure how the shoulder would feel and I wasn't confident in my double dumbbell clean abilities. I think the last time I tried with 85's (couple years ago), I barely got them to my shoulders. Other than some unpleasantness with the shoulder, these were pretty good. Without a back support, I could really feel my upper back working hard to stabilize. It felt like my traps were fighting me the whole time with the presses. Another good one, just got to keep a watchful eye on the shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment