Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 22, 2014 – Week 5, Day 3

Dynamic Warm-ups

Sumo Deadlifts
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x5
365x5
405x5
455x5
Add Straps
500x5 PR+2 reps

Prowler Pushes
145x70'
195x70'
235x70'
265x70'
285x70'

31 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Still incredibly sore from last workout in my hips and thighs. A bit strange doing sumo with a regular gym bar. I was rudely interrupted during my warm-up sets by another gym patron who stated that my deadlifting was getting on his nerves, that I need to move to the other side of the gym and to use the bumper plates so I don't break the floor or the plates by bouncing. I'm not one to create conflict so I didn't say a word and moved my stuff to the other side of the gym and switched one of set of plates to rubber bumper plates. Never seen the guy in the gym before and I've never had anyone in my entire time of lifting have an issue with me. I didn't do anything but I was seeing red and had to really work on calming myself down. Went on to my working sets. Stiffness of a gym bar makes the start really tough for sumo. Didn't feel awesome but didn't feel terrible. Grip wasn't doing so well with 455lbs so I switched to alternated grip to finish the set. Hands were really slippery. Legs still felt strong so I went for 500lbs. Straps and belt on for this. This was a tough set, took a breather after number 4 and pulled a long, slow final rep. Went home for prowler work. Warm enough to shed the warm-ups and winter gear. Wasn't sure how these would go so I started with just a pair of plates and went from there. Only real issue was when I got over 200lbs and the gravel and melting snow in the street making it tough to start without slipping. Hopefully I can be more consistent next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment