Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 04, 2012 - ME LB

Feels good to be back to my old split. I don't feel beat up and every session. Also felt good to sleep in today and eat a punch bowl filled with steak last night.

Dynamic Warm-ups

12” Axle Block Pulls w/ IW#1's dbl
No Bands
162x5
Add Bands (+65lbs)
162x5
212x3
252x3
302x3
342x3
392x1
432x1
482x1
522x1
572x1
502x7

Safety Squat Bar Goodmornings
160x3
210x3
250x12
270x12
290x12 PR+5lbs

Underhand Grip Pulldowns (straps)
100x3
150x3
200x12
200x12
200x12

Comments: I was looking forward to moving some heavy weight to put an end to a long and stressful week. My plan leading up to contest for pulls is two weeks of pulls and one week of box squats. Box squats to break up the pulls a little and so I can recalculate the numbers for speed work. 12" block pulls with light accommodating resistance one week, higher block pulls the next with straight weight. I picked the 12" block height since it is in range where I pull slightly less than what I can from the floor, I figure that is a good height since it will be lighter than the next week and yet still have me using mostly back for the start like the actual contest apparatus. I knew it was going to be a good one when the first warm-up felt like I was lifting air. My max was 10lbs more than I was expecting, considering my right thumb is still sore and I haven't worked on singles for few months. Down set was different from what I usually do, I did less than 90% since the contest will be for reps and I want to try building towards more reps with 600lbs. I'm good for four just about any day and I'd like to get closer to eight come contest time. I thought I might have still picked too heavy a weight but it was just right. Stopped at seven as my form was starting to break down. Gm's were solid, always the first rep that I have to be cautious with, especially with the ssb. Once I get that one to depth, it's smooth sailing. I was only going to go up 10lbs on the pulldowns but I felt good and added 20lbs. Felt a little lopsided on some reps and really tried to force my traps and shoulder blades down. Last set was the best one. Got way too late to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment