Thursday, March 9, 2023

March 8, 2023 – Week 20, Day 2

Dead Bugs
bwx10/10
bwx10/10

Dimel Deadlifts
45x5
135x5
225x12
225x12

Spanish Squats
bwx10
bwx10

Seated Band Hamstring Curls
lb’sx20
lb’sx20

Stretching
 
Comments: Last one. Or at least the last one that actually has structure and weights involved. Still to do a light mobility and blood flow session the next day. Seemed to be a bit similar to Monday’s as far as the workload. But really, it was quite a bit less I guess. Part of that taper. I think I was more trying to focus on what would be the easiest thing to setup and tear down to move between stuff. No movement prep this time to start as the starting stuff was light. Dead bugs to start off things. Notes did indicate that it was ok to add in hip stuff like hip airplanes. I felt the dead bugs on their own would be fine. I wasn’t too sure how these would feel on the left hip. Been a while since I’ve done these really. I tend to forget that my knees are tight and that the upper quads feel tight too at the start. Things seemed to be good and smooth. More reps than usually done on these but I think those have generally been with slight pauses. From there it was on to weights. Dimel deadlifts. Plan was work up to two sets of 8-12 reps that were light (RPE 3-5). 225lbs struck me as the right number for these with no support gear or straps. I didn’t feel like picking the weight off the ground even though light so went with out of the rack. I didn’t intend to take big jumps here but I did as I felt like I did 50lbs jumps or so for BTN stuff with axle on Monday that 90lbs jumps here was fine. Felt like these and being violent with the hip thrust was what worked and was having the hips feeling better. Got better as I went. Some stress noticed in the forearms and elbows holding. Been using straps for most this training cycle for pulls. Spanish squats were next. Well, this was actually up to me as either those or goblet squats but really if I was feeling super beat up, I could even do band TKEs. Movement was the goal. 2x10-15 with RPE of 3-4 here. Don’t get sore. I elected to do the Spanish squats again. They were the exercise I had the least experience with and maybe I could continue to work on them. Felt better as I went like the dimels. I had modified the setup a little by having my jackstands act as the baseboard rather than my squat rack. Seemed to be better with getting the setup. I was definitely doing more forward lean compared to last week but was trying to get better with reaching depth and not focusing on pauses and holds. Last thing was band leg curls. Lower RPE here and reduced reps. Again 2 sets here. Just used the same bands as last week and trying to have things feel better as far as joints and aches. I feel that goal was successful. Less than 24 minutes for the workout start to finish. Put stuff away and stretched before eating a pot roast. Iced knees before bed. Hope I’m ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment