Tuesday, October 4, 2022

October 3, 2022 – Week 9, Day 1

Warm Up

2-Board Bench Presses
45x10
85x6
135x8
135x8
135x8

Paused Band Y Raises (2 seconds)
µb’sx15
µb’sx15

Band Triceps Extensions 
abx25
abx25

Patrick Stepdowns
bwx25/25 at 6”
bwx25/25 at 6”

Stretching
  
Comments: Well just going to sum up what I posted last time. Friday was bad, slept in until 2PM Saturday and getting back to some kind of normalcy Sunday. Still not 100% sure about things. Not fun having two existential quandaries in less than a fortnight of each other. But some of that anxiety and hesitation is lessening as I was able to leave my house Sunday. I refuse to let it affect the work I have to do. But I was understandably struggling a little with keeping track of stuff from last week into this week.  Neck and shoulders were really tense Sunday as I started to relax and realize how much tension I was holding and still holding. This week’s workouts were altered further from what had originally been posted after I crashed a bit harder with things. Only three workouts for this week and none of them to be taxing. Then two next week. Going to be a quick workout, which was good as it meant I could do this, clean up, and have dinner with family for a change of pace. Warm up was just a set of the supinated wall slides with band and pauses. Then to training.  2-board pressing to start. No bands, no specification of pauses or close grip. Light for 3x8 with 5+RIR. Suggestion was just a plate on each side here and I stuck with that. Sometimes when I go really light on things, I feel much more aches than if I go heavier. Probably because I don’t need to treat these seriously and I use less support gear or just that I’ve been myself up so much already that by this point coasting still lets me feel things. So just did higher reps and bigger jumps to kind of move things along. Shoulders, neck, wrists and elbows were a tad achy. I still use a fairly narrow grip compared to what most probably do for my more regular style grip. It appears I was to take longer rests here but I thought this was moving things along and did like half the “3 minutes” rest here. Then it was time for bands. Plan was two sets of the y-raises with it being 10-15 reps (5RIR) with 1-2ct holds. Used the micro bands as I have been doing here. These usually feel quite good and they did today.  Not too much difference between the first and second set. Band stuff continued with triceps. I believe this was originally the 1 arm versions I was doing but was changed to the style I’ve not done since Battle at the Bridge prep with it being from top of the rack rather anchored low. Plan was 2x15-25. I’ve done strong band for those reps but felt that since haven’t pushed things here and bracing can be a bit weird (as well as fatigue) I went with average band. Some aches in the shoulders with how the inner rotation works in this position. As far as triceps, it felt too easy that first set but got into the right fatigue range on the second set. Last thing was for the knees. Suggested was the Patrick stepdowns or TKEs of some sort. Stepdowns are easy. Nothing was listed specifically for these other than RPE 6. So I did the 6” hard foam and was going to do 25 reps each leg. I took a slight break between sides. But then I remember this was for 2 sets instead of 1 so I had to do another round haha. Which was fine. Still easy. Put stuff away and had dinner with my local family and watched a bad movie before coming home to stretch out.


No comments:

Post a Comment