Tuesday, October 11, 2022

October 11, 2022 – Week 10, Day 2

Behind The Neck Strict Presses/Band Pull-Aparts
45x10/mbx10
45x10/mbx10
45x10/mbx10

Paused Deadbugs (3 seconds)
bwx5/5
bwx5/5
bwx5/5

Reflection/Meditative Walking 10 Minutes

Stretching
  
Comments: Trying to have a low-key day. But work has other plans. It’s like they wait until I take time off or plan to and then I end up not taking it because I get too stressed out and sick. Making me think that starting the immune boost prep a week early was a wise decision. The plan had been start a week before and then increase 2 days before show and decrease after show and stop when out of 30 doses of the Airborne. Trying to calm down and I thought I was doing a good job of that. But come back to stupid crap at work. But tolerable stupid crap. Until I went to lunch. I was initially thinking of doing this workout during my lunch break as it was going to be the shortest workout ever. But I thought better of it and figured I’d save it until the end of the day after work when I could relax and I could work through lunch (still eat but get stuff done). Not even 2 minutes after I took lunch I get a 4 way call unprompted meeting being advised that there was so much work that are our unit was going to have to do work we don’t normally do. So my workload doubled and had less than half a day to do it being assigned now. I was very close to taking a sick day for the rest of the day and tomorrow as I don’t time for this kind of crap and this is the most important competition of the year for me. It affects plans for next year. I’ve fought really hard to get here again. I don’t want another beach vacation situation where I stressed myself out to get everything done and got myself sick and had to cancel. I did it but I wasn’t happy and I essentially got none of my previously assigned work done for having just one day more to work this week. So with this workout being really short and having a pot roast, it didn’t hurt for me to just kind of decompress a little after work before getting to training. Light stuff. Didn’t require me to move the car to get weights or stuff to anchor anything. First thing was a superset of btn presses with band pull-aparts. I had done some foam rolling for my thoracic spine the day before to see if that helped with stiffness and getting things feeling good. There were some aches in the shoulder joints here on the btn. I’ve not really done these in quite some time. Things did move faster each set though. Just wish things didn’t feel so achy in the shoulders. Pull aparts were fine. Put things away and went inside to do the next exercise; deadbugs. Another one that I’ve not done in some time. Feeling stretch in the hamstrings and inner abdominals working. Not too bad. I took rests between sets on these. So done there and only thing left was going for a brief walk. I was not really able to concentrate on anything particular as due to my increased agitation, sounds were louder feeling to me. Two sounds (car alarms and dog barks) were really piercing through it all and I just gave up on trying to mentally picture the events (I maybe got through axle and gripping farmer’s walks) before trying to just focus on the fact I was in an agitated state and just focus on relaxing breath. Got home and stretched out before eating dinner. Am I ready? Probably not. I always feel I need more time. But time is up. Just see it through and see if I'm still in one piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment