Saturday, March 6, 2021

March 4, 2021 – Week 3, Day 2

2 Minute Treadmill Backwards Pushes
 
Mobility Prep
 
Front Squats
45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
225x5
235x5
245x5
260x5
270x5
 
20” Jack Stand Pulls
135x5
225x3
315x2
405x1
495x1
Added Straps
585x1
655x1

3” Platform Stiff-legged Deadlifts (straps)
155x8
155x8
155x8

Ab Wheel
bwx9
bwx9
bwx1

Comments: So the short of it is that I realized my deadlift plan won’t work with the current plan going forward. This is frustrating and it really threw me for a loop. I’ll get to that. Very close to pulling plug on this stuff again. So anyways, on to training. Left trap still feeling tense. I may need to drop some of the external rotation stuff as it might be aggravating things. Too much stuff. Warming up felt fine. This was going to be a little different since the past two weeks, I’ve had the squat rack inside due to weather. Back outside. Front squats again. Really windy and some snow flurries at the start. Testing out not having the knee brace and that seemed to be ok. Front squats were feeling pretty darn good. Making me think that perhaps the off feeling from the frame carries and the strict presses was just that, an off feeling. Then it was time for rack pulls. So plan here was doing 2” lower than last time. I figured that be ok here but just didn’t feel like I had the power today. Like, last time I did the rack pulls, I felt like I could break the belt off with how hard I was able to brace. Felt like I did nothing with that and wasn’t getting anything to get these weights to break off the ground. I was really not expecting 655lbs to be a max effort here. I was hoping to get 705lbs which seemed reasonable with things. But that wasn’t happening. This almost felt as hard as that week where 550lbs took my back out. So I was worried. 2” drop shouldn’t have resulted in essentially 100lbs off of the lift. I didn’t get injured but I wasn’t happy as I knew this meant that this wasn’t going to work as a plan. Something wasn’t working the way it was supposed to. I did my best to push on but I was feeling that nagging feeling that this was pointless. That I was never going to be strong how I want to be. Stiffleggeds after that. It was a pain putting all those weights away. This weight is still really light and I was just thinking about how my lower back felt so stiff and spasmed on me on that first week. I did these no problem. Ab wheel was next. Plan was 3x9. I didn’t end up doing that. The reps felt harder than they had two weeks ago. I was realizing I wasn’t having fun this workout and hadn’t had fun the previous workout. I ended up rage quitting the workout after a single rep on that last set of ab wheel. Chucked it at the garage door. Felt there was no point in doing this other stuff if the rack pull plan wasn’t working. Didn’t bother stretching. The roast came out terrible. Must’ve been the cut of meat as it was chewy and I ended up having to pitch about a third of it. Just wanted to get the day done with. Hopefully I can calm down and think things through. But hopefully that doesn’t take too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment