Friday, December 25, 2020

December 24, 2020 – Week 19, Day 2

2 Minute Treadmill Backwards Pushes
 
Mobility Prep
 
Goblet Squats to Box (15”)
bwx25
40x25
 
Deadlifts
45x10
135x5
225x3
315x2
Added Straps
405x1
495x1
545x1
600x0
 
Deadlifts off Crash Mats (touch n go, straps)
465x5

Paused Ab Wheel
bwx15

Paused Side Plank Raises
bwx15/15

Stretching
 
Comments: I wanted today to be good. But what I want doesn’t always happen. More often than not it doesn’t happen. Hope is not a strategy.  Body has just felt beat. Felt beat all last week and has spilled over into this week. Biceps sore, knees hurt. Lower back aches. I think everything is just so achy right now that I can’t even care about my left shoulder. I can invest in reacting to it at this point with everything else going on. Only had a half day of work so I could go train right after in my garage. A deadlift day. Two weeks ago I was feeling like crap and I had an outstanding deadlift day (though I got a little sick afterwards). But last week it was not great and I attributed that to shoveling snow. I can’t keep blaming that. Perhaps I am even worse at recovery than I think. It was raining a ton. Treadmill stuff felt good. The warm-ups have been reduced quite a bit starting this week so it was pretty much right into the training after that. My knees were really achy doing these goblet squats but my hips felt fine. My knees felt better after doing a lot of reps and they were fine doing the set with 40lbs. Deadlifts after that. I was kind of hoping I would feel good for today. I had reached into my drawer for a shirt and I had pulled out the America’s Strongest Viking one and thought maybe this was meant to be. I don’t know. I try to find meaning. Trying to not think and worry. So plan was like last deadlift session with the plan being to try for 5-15lbs more than last time. Not a big ask for how I was feeling two weeks ago. Felt like too much with how I felt. Like I was kind of worried that I’d not get 545lbs. Deadlift didn’t feel great today. Knees were aching doing the bar. Felt like a little more lower back than I would like. But it seems I usually feel like crap at the start of deadlifting at this time in my life. I think that I was getting too focused on things watching the video. It looked faster to me in the moment despite not feeling fast. I look at them after the fact and I have no idea why I did what I did. Not like I did. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do when I get like this. The plan is the plan. Me from two weeks ago wouldn’t think the plan that was laid out here for the this week would be tough. I mean 5lbs on axle that had flown up and 5-15lbs on a solid deadlift. But two weeks later I feel worn down and stiff everywhere. Lot of things in my head. If I had any sense, I would’ve stopped at 545lbs. But had things swirling. Maybe if I really wanted it I’d get the next lift. I have to commit to the pull and not be worried I’ll get injured. Anything over 585lbs without a suit would be the most I’ve attempted (minus that 715lbs at the Arnold, that was going nowhere) to pull since my back injury over 4 years ago. Also maybe reading too much into using my anxiety to make myself nervous to pull. I put it all in. I think my worry was if I had missed only 5lbs more, I’d have felt worse, hence going for 600lbs. Because I make 600lbs, I make 600lbs. Stupid. Only got it a few inches off the ground before I couldn’t do it. I was disappointed. But I didn’t just up and quit the workout. I wasn’t injured. Don’t break down. Moving on to the next thing. Crash mat deadlifts. Same plan as it has been just 20lbs more. It was a little difficult to convince myself this was worth doing. First few reps I let sink into the mats a bit more than usual and finally got my crap together for the last 3-2 reps. Abdominal stuff to end the session up. Just glad I didn’t have a lot for today. I ended up taking a break to drink stuff and put the weights away.  I think I did 2 count instead of 1 count pauses for the ab wheel. I think I did that because I couldn’t remember what I usually do and because reps were staying the same. It was a nice, slow end to the session. I finished up with stretching and then wrapped presents (I was holding off doing so because I was still waiting on stuff but as this date, still not here). I seemed ok but then I crashed pretty hard around 8:00PM and ended up going to sleep at 9:30PM. Body aches and feels old. My motivation to train any more this week is pretty much zero with how I’m feeling physically and mentally.


No comments:

Post a Comment