Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 27, 2016 – Week 5, Day 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

Hatfield Overload Squats
170x5
170x5
270x3
270x3
370x1
370x1
470x1
470x1
470x1
470x1
470x1

Safety Squat Bar Pause Squats (2 second pauses)
300x2
300x2

Kneeling Cable Abs
210x12
210x12
210x12

28 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Deload work for this day was a bit different. No jumps involved. Right side neck and shoulder still feeling tight. Trying to just let it go away on its own without using ibuprofen. It appears that over the weekend, someone broke on of the j-hooks for the power rack. No sure how long they will be gone as they are supposedly with maintenance but so are the previous j-hooks. Makes me mad as I’ve put quite a bit of weight on those without ill effects so someone must have been being a total tool with them. Anyways, on to the actual workout. Hatfield squats left off right where last week did. Same weight but just five singles with shortish rest. My setup was a bit off having to adjust to holding the rack instead of the hooks. Definitely some hesitation and getting used to where I need to grip the rack. So slower and tougher than I would have liked. I was worried I was going to pull the rack down but I know that isn’t a thing as I’ve had to do heavy lifts like this before with no issues with the rack. Then on to pause squats with the ssb. Been a while haha. My knees and getting used to the form again was the only issues here. I guess these are coming back into the training again haha. Finished up with cable abs. No change to the previous workout weights. I’m realizing more and more that these are helping with my spinal health to decompress after the heavy loading from squats and pulls. Not the best these have felt but got better each set. Home to stretch and eat. Two days rest and then two days on to finish up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment