Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 16, 2016 – Week 9, Day 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

Keg Tosses (15’7”)
half kegx3 (5 attempts)
half kegx3 (4 attempts)

Hatfield Overload Squats
135x5
135x5
225x3
225x3
315x1
315x1
315x1

32 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: I’m not enjoying this bouncing temp situation this week. Last workout. Keg toss was done in my backyard as I got a contractor to replace the light out front I had totaled (I had thought I was done keg tossing haha). I tried to see how throws would go with less effort and it resulted in some missed throws. Perhaps I was used to the driveway under my feet giving more support. I had thought the difference would have been negligible but it’s good to figure that out now then day off (I’m sure what surface it will be done on). After a miss on the second set, I had to put more effort in to it. Got to determine if throwing up or back is the best method here as I will have to throw back with the lighter kegs at the contest (they are going to be away from the bar) and up for the heavier ones. It will be easier to retrieve a miss that is thrown up as opposed to back. I could also just not miss haha. I got to the gym to finish up the workout but the power rack was in use. Someone was using it to rest the barbell in between sets of a barbell complex. Realized they were going to be there for quite some time and I didn’t feel like waiting a half hour or more to do some light squats so I used the tiered squat rack. The top height on this thing is a few inches above the bottom of my ribcage. Awkward to unrack, walkout and rerack. I would not have done this if the weight were really any heavier than this. Other than that, it was good. Home to stretch. Almost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment