Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 15, 2016 – Week 9, Day 1

Dynamic Warm-ups

Axle Clean and Jerks (one clean)
72x5
72x5
116x3
116x3
141x1
165x1
165x1
165x1

Incline Barbell Close Grip Bench Presses
45x10
95x5
95x5
145x3
145x3
185x3
185x3

Band Pull A-parts
LBx12
LBx12
LBx12
LBx12

30 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: I wasn’t expecting to do workouts this week. Past four cycles haven’t but it perhaps make sense with this much shorter cycle. Had a deep tissue massage the day before. Definitely noticed that the axle and sandbag work has caused some things on one side to get tighter than the other. Heat was off at my house the past few days so it was cold too haha. Figures the temps would go down then. Been working on getting more sleep. Already noticing the pre-contest jitters building slowly as it is taking longer each morning to get my breakfast down. So on to the deloaded deload. No issues with the axle clean and jerks. Shouldn’t be at this weight. I was a bit sore from the massage the day before. I had to improvise the incline stuff as both benches were in use. Took a bench to the power rack and used the pins for the j-hooks. Had to adjust my form a bit to work around things so I was a bit more cautious with how I did these. Band pull aparts were easy just to finish things off for the day and then home to stretch. One more easy easy workout and then show time Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment