Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 10, 2013 – Deadlift Training Deload

Dynamic Warm-ups

9" Block Pulls
145x5
200x5
260x5
325x5
390x5
325x5
260x5

Glute Ham Raises
bwx8
bwx8
bwx8
bwx8

Wide Grip Pulldowns
110x12
110x12
110x12

Ab Wheel
bwx15
bwx15
bwx15

23 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Worked at Jenkins' new gym in Hershey. I was dropping off the farmer's handles I had borrowed and figured it be less hassle to do my workout there rather than go back an hour through rush hour traffic. Practically Summer conditions again with the heat and humidity. I was sweating putting on my shoes. I used the S Cube bar for my pulls just to get the feel of the thicker bar. I'd prefer using it for this training cycle but not a luxury I can do right now. Not as much volume as the last deload session for deadlifts. The Ort/Mag stuff is tougher than 5/3/1 so wanted to make the deload as easy as I can without totally leaving me surprised come next week. No band pegs on the ghr so I just did bodyweight. Would have used a light band tension anyway. Concentrated on my hamstrings. Feeling a bit more familiar with the wide grip pulldowns. Got better as the sets went on as far as keeping my shoulders tight and pulling with the back. Finished up with abs, stretching and burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment