Friday, October 19, 2012

October 18, 2012 – Lower Body Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

18" Farmer's Deadlifts (1.5" thick handles)
52x10
102x5
142x3
192x3
232x1
282x1
322x1
362x1
402x0
402x1 PR+5lbs (11 second hold)
352x1 (12 second finger tips hold)

GHR Situps
bw+80x31

28 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Workout had its highs and lows. Shoulders and upper back were still incredibly sore and tight from Tuesday. No issues at all with my upper back on the deadlifts which is great since I remember from last time that it hurt lowering the weights. Took less warm-ups and bigger jumps since this time was for a max single rather than doubles with a suggested volume. My form felt a little off at 362lbs so I was concerned about what I should aim for the next set. Went with just 5lbs over what I did last time as the idea was not to go all out since I had overdone it with the yoke the past two weeks. I got set with 402lbs and tugged but no good. The weights moved back and only broke the back ends off the ground. So angry and disappointed. I was thinking about packing it in for the night. I calm myself down and waited a good ten minutes before trying again. I got mad, gripped farther back on the handles and gave it hell. It was slow and ugly but I locked it out. No more Johnny One Take for me anymore. Practically doubled my hold time this go around as well. Midsection was quite sore (no near as bad as what happened last time) and I kept my belt on for a good bit, hoping the compression would keep it from acting up a lot. Did the fingertips hold after that with much the same result of doubling the hold time. Took a bit of active rest putting all the weights away before doing the set of abs. Didn't expect to do so many with the increased weight. Really hard to breath with the chains. Finished up with stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment