Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 14, 2012 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke
380x50'
560x50'
740x50'
910x50' (like a million drops)

Comments: More garbage. Plan for today was just a top set of atlas stones but I had a nagging feeling in the back of my head about yoke. I had told myself that I would be fine and that last week was just a fluke, a bad day on bad equipment. I checked to see if it was okay to proceed and got the go ahead. First two sets were super easy but then next set was really tough, way tougher than 740lbs had any right being. Went up to 910lbs and it was every bit as tough as last week. I stubbornly pushed on and dropped it a bunch of times to get 50'. Just pitiful. Tired and embarrassed, I went home. Mentally and physically not up to training. My yoke is down a lot from my prep for the last contest and this worries me as I had thought this event would be a sure thing. There is a strong possibility I will bomb this event now. I guess I need to practice yoke frequently when it's in a contest. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment