Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 07, 2012 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke/Farmer's Medleys
365x50'/135x50'
635x50'/235x50'
905x8'2"/335x0

Comments: Absolute garbage day. Woke up an everyone I usually train with had started training so rather than keep them, I trained at home. My equipment is tougher than the contest stuff so if I could do the workout, I'd be in good shape for the contest. Workout today was to do a set at 40%, another at 70% and finally one at 100% of the contest weights. First set went really well. Setting up for the second set, I realized that I didn't have enough weights. After the second set, I had to buy some more weights and ended up having to chain a set of dumbbells to my yoke to get it close to contest weight. A little short but didn't really matter as my yoke wobbles and flexes and my farmer's are 5" lower than the frame handles. I knew this was going to be awful, especially after how rough the second set felt. Barely moved with the yoke so I ran down to the farmer's to give them a shot. Couldn't get them up off the ground. Angry and embarrassed with myself. At least I got some new weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment