Friday, October 5, 2012

October 04, 2012 – Lower Body Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Barbell Sumo Deadlifts
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x1
405x1
455x1
495x1
545x1

GHR Situps
bw+60x35

28 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Went quite well despite being sore. Goal for today was to work up to about 90% of what I felt I could get on the sumo pulls for today. Little tough to determine that since usually I find out what 90% is after I've pulled a max. Basing it off the last time I pulled sumo, it would only be 500lbs so that was what I had to hit as a minimum. I noticed once I started the singles that I had misplaced one of my straps. I have a rough time doing an alternated grip on sumo as my underhand grip gets caught on my thigh. Annoying but I went forward, doing all the sets double overhand. 495lbs was way too light for my top single (I felt like I could do at least eight) so I went for 10lbs under my PR. Certainly near the limits of my grip for double overhand (especially with how much strain it takes to get it moving) but not too bad. I did make a half hearted attempt with 585lbs using an alternate grip but it felt off and I bailed on it once I felt I was going to struggle as this would be well over 90% for the day. I didn't like leaving it at that but there will be another day to pull. From there, moved on to abs. Threw on another set of chains. A bit tricky to secure it but the set went well. Finished up with stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment