Sunday, August 16, 2020

August 15, 2020 – Week 2, Day 3

5 Minute Walk (.25 miles)

Mobility Prep

Rogue Farmer’s Walk (16” pick)
115x50’ in 6.21 seconds
165x50’ in 6.54 seconds
205x25’ in 4.83 seconds
225x50’ in 8.10 seconds

Comments: Well this didn’t go as planned at all. The idea for this day was to do light farmer’s walk, sandbag rows and then max distance keg carries. Speed event work to not stress things too much from the intensive log and deadlift stuff and then work on weak points on my front carries. My knees were very sore from the deadlift day. I didn’t really notice until I stopped that I was getting bruises on them again. My warm-ups felt good. But farmer’s did not. Time felt like it was dragging on. Taking forever to setup stuff. Everything felt heavy. Like 50lbs more per hand heavy. Goal was 70% (low balling as I know I can do more than 323lbs per hand for 50’) for 3x50’. I figured to start lighter and work up and then do a in between for half distance (wanted to test this to see how it would feel compared to a pick and try it with yoke next time). But like I said, everything felt slow and heavy. Granted it has been 6 weeks or so since I’ve done farmer’s walk because of everything going on. But this weight shouldn’t feel this way. My right forearm and elbow felt stiff. Not had that happen. I felt heavy. I was bent over the weight for my first “working set” and my mind was shouting at me to quit. That I was going to fail. That I was tired. I worked through that but I felt beat after that run. This felt like 90%, not 70%. I just stood there for a few minutes before I decided that I needed to stop. I had pushed too much. I wasn’t injured and my body is holding up but this kind of weight shouldn’t be feeling like this. Imagine my surprise to find out at besides the very first run, these were speed PRs for the weights on these handles. Not that it is a good thing overall as I’ve done about 50lbs more per hand from the I-beam handles (faster with 18” pick). So I was moving better but I felt heavy on everything. My hands said it was heavy, my arms and back said it was heavy. The pick and my movements felt slow and heavy but they weren’t. Kind of like how deadlift felt slow and heavy. I don’t know what I’m doing. I need to stop and take a step back and learn from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment