Friday, June 21, 2019

June 20, 2019 – Week 3, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

16” Front Box Squats w/ Chains
No Chains
45x10
Added Chains (+50lbs)
45x3
95x3
135x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

Wide Grip Deadlifts (straps)
135x1
205x1
255x1
297x1
297x1
297x1
297x1
297x1

Back Raise Bench Sit-ups
BWx10
BWx10

Stretching

Comments: Feeling not as stressed but still stressed. Been going to sleep later and I don’t want to be but it feels like I need the time to get everything done in the day before hitting the sheets. Had DOMS in my hands from the thick handle of the circus dumbbell. I forgot that was something that happened if I didn’t do it for a long time haha. The slightly less stress made me less anxious about my shoulder and biceps. But I still craved sleep. AMT to warm-up.  Heart rate only got up to 149bpm so that seems good. Forgot one item on the movement prep at the very end but I remember later and did it. Granted it was hours later but I still did it (forearm stretch).  Today’s workout didn’t look very intense on paper. I actually thought I was going to be doing more sets based off assumption. Front box squats first thing. Plan was to do 3 sets of 3 with accommodating resistance of 40-50lbs. My choice of bands or chains and I went with chains as I haven’t done them in a while and easier to setup than bands. Chains tend to stay the same weight regardless of wear and tear or how fast you move. Knees were a little achy but to be expected. I was prepared for 5 sets of 3. Knees ached but not as much as they have or will on front box squats, especially considering I don’t think I’ve done these longer back then circus dumbbell and bench press. These were a bit rough. Left a stich in my left lower abdomen after that first working set so I figured I needed to have my core control on the rest of them. Really hope I start to get used to this stuff again and pick up the weights and pace. After that was wide grip deadlifts. I like these usually. I know my raw deadlift is down a good bit and these bars at the Y don’t help matters. I misplaced my one compression sock (it was in my bag but hidden inside my extra shirt) so I ended up taping my sweaty shins so that I didn’t have to worry about bleeding everywhere. 135lbs felt really easy but weight felt like something after that. This didn’t feel as easy as it used to. Still fast but I felt like some power is still missing. I finally realized that I could set an extra interval on the timer for the EMOMs so that I don’t have to rush my setup on the first one. Can’t believe it took that long. After that was abdominal work. Doing these on the back raise bench. Little tentative at first (I didn’t know if it would flip over) and then more confident each rep. Finished up the session and headed home to stretch and eat Mississippi roast.


No comments:

Post a Comment