Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 11, 2019 – Week 2, Day 1

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

Axle Clean and Strict Presses (1 clean)
82x3
102x3
122x3
142x3
162x15

One Arm Dumbbell Rows (supported, tripod)
50x10/10
75x10/10
100x10/10
Added Straps
125x17/17

Push-ups (1 second pauses)
BWx10
BW+25x5
BW+45x20 PR+20lbs

Stretching

Comments: Survived that first week back. Starting the recovery stuff up again to keep from being stiff and sore and beat up. Last week was still holding back on stuff. Still kind of supposed do that this week too but not on as many things. Scheduled chiro and massage therapy sessions once a month. Have schedule all the way out to November set. Chiro less frequent and massage more frequent. Still got some niggles in the lower back that pop up every once in a while. Probably to be expected doing heavy stone work with extensions. Left shoulder is still wonky but I can do things. AMT to start off the session. 162bpm highest reading. A little stressed at work with trying to get stuff done but higher than I was expecting it to get there. It has been many months since it got over 160bpm on this. Movement prep stuff was good. Some joints ache from getting used again. But the stuff is becoming less of a hassle. Not quite ingrained in my mind yet like past warm-up stuff. Then gym time. First up was axle. Like log last week, staying light and doing one clean followed by strict presses. Keeping the clean technique like I would for a competition style or heavy weight. Difference this time was going to be more reps. Trying a 3 wave of max effort, repetition effort and dynamic effort. Less apparent on this day as only the first exercise is that while the rest of the workout is usual high rep stuff. At least for now. In either case, the plan was to do 20lbs jumps with triples and then work up to a weight that was easy and do 10-15 perfect smooth reps. The composed plan had me doing light stuff to start and topping out at 120ish for the rep set. Not pushing things, just making sure that everything felt ok and my shoulders could handle it. But my axle is 72lbs empty. And I had this notion of doing the axle plus the 45lbs bumper plates for my top set. Shoulder ached on that very first set. I was hoping it was more that I needed to get warmed up than it being a bad exercise. Next set felt better on the shoulder, but I screwed up my breathing and semi-blacked out at the end and took a knee until I stopped convulsing. You stop lifting for 3 weeks and you just seem to forget simple things. No issues after that. No Steve Kirit for today but a fun song was playing on the radio so I knew it was going to be a good set. Probably little tougher than I should’ve gone but I at least had 2 more reps there. Maybe 5 if I had worn hard belt, wrist wraps and went berserk. But not needed. So I guess I still did ok? Next was one arm rows. I figured since I’ve been doing these weekly that this wouldn’t be so bad. Wrong. Stone work from Saturday had my biceps really sore. Usually I feel it on the axle cleans but not so much today. No escaping it on the rows. Plan here was working up to a set weight with straps and repping out each side. Higher reps on the work up sets got my arms pumped up. I don’t need straps for 125lbs but goal was reps at this point. Besides, I have grip stuff for later this week and I plan on working with concrete to make another atlas stone so might as well save the grip. Got my old, old straps for these as the figure 8s and my long straps are too much. I just knew my upper back was going to be sore after these. Last thing was paused push-ups. Again, something I had been doing weekly last cycle. Cautious with the shoulder. Once I saw I could do them without pain, I was ready. I felt I was close to getting 20 reps with the 45lbs plate on my back if my endurance held up. Definitely feeling the fatigue and burn here. And will definitely feel it tomorrow. Got the 20 and that was a wrap. Home to stretch, recover and eat another tasty Mississippi Roast. With the workouts being a bit shorter, I don’t have to worry about it getting dried out so I can do it more frequently. The work week needs to calm down though.


No comments:

Post a Comment