Tuesday, July 4, 2017

July 3, 2017 – Week 6, Day 1

5 Minutes Percor AMT

Leaning Calf Raises

One Leg Leaning Calf Raises

Regular Box Touches (12” Box)

Band Rows w/Biceps Stretch
MBx25/10 seconds

Sumo Box Touches (12” Box)

Band Rows w/Biceps Stretch
MBx25/10 seconds

Hip Airplanes (supported)

12” Log Presses
Viper Presses (Dumbbells)
Viper Press + Push Presses (Log)
Viper Presses
260x1 PR+5lbs

Chest Supported Rows

Dead Floor Presses
Close Grip (2 Second Pauses)


Comments: Had to do this workout early this week with the holiday closing everything. Aches in SI area still there. A bit concerning that it has flared up again. Though flare up not like in the past. Just more of noticing some aches and tenderness. Trying to do massage to help with recovery. Warmed up on the AMT. Heart rate got up to 158bpm this time but dropped to 151bpm. Maybe the machine not sensing right. I felt good though. Calf raise work after that. An older woman stopped as I was doing them and said that it looked just like an exercise she does in the shower every morning (hey, if I had to have that image put in my head, everyone else is now too). Then on to box touches, band rows and biceps stretch. Box touches I didn’t feel aches the first round but I did a little on the second round. Rows were easy, stretch felt good on the shoulders. Hip airplanes were ok. I lost balance on one rep on my strong side this time. I was trying out using a different focus point and it seems to work well for the injured side. Then the lifting. Log press as it has been. Same warm-ups as last time but going to viper presses for the singles. Going up 20lbs a set aiming 1rm. I figured that 260lbs would be it for the day going into this one which would be a small PR. Knees ached on the first set with the log but no issues after that. Viper pressing was tough but felt better with the hard belt. 260lbs was a grinder of a lift to lockout. The clean portion felt quite easy so that is good. Keeping an eye on the SI joint stuff as well. Chest supported rows after that. Light warm-up and then big jumps of sets of fives to a top set. Not bad. Felt good with the lighter weights. Didn’t feel that tough until the second to last set from the top set for the day. Really focusing on keeping my lower back and midsection tight. Even though this exercise hasn’t been an issue since I started doing it with control it didn’t cause a relapse in pain about a year ago. Someone started setting up in the power rack so I took a longer break for the last set. Tough but not at my limit yet. Same as last time, 10% off that one for one more set of five. Then I ended up waiting the longest I’ve had to between exercises to use the power rack. I was essentially screaming in my head for the dude to leave. Down time and cooling off had me thinking about my injured area. Didn’t want to be thinking about it. I’d have been more tolerant if they were using a decent weight or did stuff needing a power rack the whole time. Bad BO too that stayed after he left too. So I had to use some rage and rewarm up with lighter weights on the dead floor presses. Doubles this time. I went a little heavier than I was thinking beforehand (I was going to go for a double with my max from two cycles before). A bit tougher to get the weight started on the first rep but went well the second rep. The drop to the down set with 90% was the best it has been (usually I end up false starting that first rep). The last set for reps with the close grip and pauses, I went up more to make the drop easier to switch in as I was trying to move as I was about an hour behind schedule due to the wait. I pressed the first rep slightly off the pins and held it for a pause before starting the lift as I was only able to do pauses on the four remaining reps of the set when I was doing it previously. Made it interesting. Home to stretch and eat. Applied some lidocaine to my back and took some ibuprofen to see if that helped speed up relief in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment