Sunday, November 6, 2016

Physical Therapy: Week 4

Recovery took a bit of stumble this past week. Frustration is at an all time high. I'd be less frustrated if I knew what caused the pain to come back and escalate when I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I'm realizing that I don't have an outlet to healthily get rid of excess stress or anger with not being able to exercise/train. It is what it is.

October 31, 2016

Nerves seemed on high alert today so I had symptoms on and off. Not super painful but noticeable. Nothing that could keep me from doing stuff. Treadmill for ten minutes. Started right at 3.6mph. It felt like the treadmill was slow and I ended up increasing to 4mph by the end. Then bird dogs for 20 each side followed by those hip rock things for 20. This led to press-ups with pressure on my back for 30 reps. Then nerve glides for my left leg. This went back into doing exercises which started with 20 glute bridge leg outs. Right after that, I did 30 reps of theraband pullovers with more tension as last time. Then diaphragm breathing. I then did 30 table taps each leg and proceeded to floor/standing exercises. Hip bend one for 20 started things off. This lead to the isometric crushing of an exercise ball against the wall. And the kneeling hip flexor pose. 10 for 10 and 3 for 30 like last time. 30 more press-ups followed that. Then some pressure applied to my lower back. Finally, testing was done on my lower tarps and scapulae muscles. Upper tarp dominate but numbers seemed about the same (not sure what the numbers mean). Hopefully the symptoms calm down again.

November 2, 2016

Not good. Discomfort all day and the day before and it feels like it is getting worse. My fears that the pain would start to come back after 2-3 weeks or somewhat relief from treatment appear to be happening. Very frustrated when I arrived for therapy. PT wanted me to walk for warm-up and told them that my hip is hurting too much to stand or walk. Even sitting isn’t providing relief, only laying down on my back flat seems to do it. Any other position and pain starts to build. Even the press-ups bothered my back which they haven’t done before. I cried a bit but not from pain but from the frustration of possibly starting over and continuing to be unable to do what I enjoy that has been going on for almost 6 months. I’ve been injured this year more than I’ve been healthy at this point. Also very stressed about work. So the session was pretty much scrapped and had my opposite leg stretched, had to answer questions, have ROM and strength tested and did some more press-ups with pressure, pressing done on my back and finished up with heat and stim. No relief. I went home and went to bed early without eating dinner to see if more sleep would help either the pain or my mental state. If this continues, I don’t know if there is any point in continuing therapy.

November 3, 2016

Not a good day. Pain was worse and everything kind of came together to lead me to take a personal day (not going to mention it further) and be seen 3.5hrs early for PT. No idea what is causing this flare up. Started off with heat and stim and then did different press-ups in different hip placements to find one that could perhaps provide relief. After every 30 or so, my ROM and pain would be checked. No real success after about 100 reps. Then adjustments and holds with my hips for several minute sets. That did seem to provide some relief. Plan is trying to get the pain back up into the back and out of the hip or alleviate it completely. My body felt the best after the adjustments. Until my next session, I’m to drop the press-ups and do the lying twist holds for about 20 minutes several times a day. The session end with about 15 minutes with my back in a traction machine. Some pain relief but I am still a mess. I can’t have another day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment