Sunday, October 30, 2016

Physical Therapy: Week 3

Progress. Definitely the least amount of symptoms I've had since starting PT. I'm essentially half way through treatment so things are looking up. Getting additional firmness in my left calf muscle with the walking becoming part of the routine. Strongman Corp Nationals finished up yesterday. Looking at the results and basing off of my progress before I got injured, I would have probably placed lower than last year. But that period is over and I have to look forward. 2017 Nationals are going to be in Las Vegas, NV so that might not be in the cards for me this coming year with costs and travel. Might have look into other options for the 2017 season.

October 24, 2016

Hamstring pain popping up again. Had an occurrence on Sunday afternoon and some today. I was advised to do press-ups when that happens to see if that alleviates the symptoms. I was given the H-wave again with heat pack. I was worried that this was a sign of regression since I went right to the treadmill last time. Made me a little anxious but I got to stick to what I’m being prescribed. Then on to 5 minutes in the prone position with no heat pack this time. 30 reps of the press-ups (I broke them up again into sets of 10 with short rest). Instead of my normal stuff that usually follows, I was put on a treadmill to walk for ten minutes. I started right at 3mph to start and went up .1mph each minute until I got up to 3.6mph for the remaining time. Back to the table for 20 swimmers each side (the bird dog modification) and then 20 of those rocking things to help with hip flexibility. Then 20 table taps and 20 glute bridge leg outs. Then diaphragm breathing into 30 reps of theraband pullovers (felt lighter tension this time). This lead to the isometric crushing of an exercise ball against the wall. 10 sets of 10 seconds each side followed by the kneeling hip flexor pose for 3 sets of 30 second each side. Didn’t make me nearly as tired as last time. 30 more press-ups with pressure and then some pressure applied to the spinal muscles. To finish up the session, my leg was stretched and manipulated to ease tension in my hamstring and calf muscle.

October 26, 2016

Probably the best I’ve been since I started PT. Minimal symptoms and I really didn’t have them until after work. No H-wave or anything to start as I was feeling well. Treadmill for ten minutes. Started at 3mph and went up .1mph every 30 seconds once I got up to 3.6mph. So 7 minutes of walking at that pace. Then into 30 press-ups then those hip rock things for 20 and then actual bird dogs for 20 each side. Slightly different then what I usually do for them on dynamic warm-ups. Then 30 glute bridge leg outs. Then diaphragm breathing. I was trying to do the abdominal control for this time. Right after that, I did 30 reps of theraband pullovers with about the same tension as last time. 20 table taps followed that. This lead to the isometric crushing of an exercise ball against the wall. And the kneeling hip flexor pose. 10 for 10 and 3 for 30 like last time. A new one was working on bending at the hips in concert with my knees. 20 reps of that and then back to the table for. 30 more press-ups with pressure and then some pressure applied to the spinal muscles. Pressure also done on my lower back to finish up the session. I asked about having more shoulder stuff incorporated. Will have to see if that will be the case for next time.

October 27, 2016

Another good day as far as symptoms. Treadmill for ten minutes. Started right at 3.6mph and tried my best to avoid looking down (only did that twice). Then into 30 press-ups then bird dogs for 20 each side followed by those hip rock things for 20. Then 20 glute bridge leg outs. Then diaphragm breathing. I was trying to do the abdominal control for this time. I was then told to do 20 holds of the abs for 5 seconds each and this was a little tough after the diaphragm breathing as I tense the abs like crazy on the exhale. Right after that, I did 30 reps of theraband pullovers with about the same tension as last time. This lead to the isometric crushing of an exercise ball against the wall. And the kneeling hip flexor pose. 10 for 10 and 3 for 30 like last time. Also did the hip bend one for 20. The PT then did some testing of my shoulders to see if there were any ROM or mobility issues. No issues there but the nerve issues were tested and there are impingements on the left side. Lower back pressing and stretching was done and then 30 more press-ups with pressure applied. Was given two nerve glide exercises for the shoulder to do with my other home exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment