Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21, 2014 – Week 1, Day 1

Starting my new training today. I'm working with my friend Brett Somerville. I'm gearing for the Capital Classic the first week of May. Training is going to be little different in that the first half will be working around the back issue while getting my weak points strong, then the second half will bring event specific stuff back in. What have I got to lose?

Dynamic Warm-ups

Close Grip Barbell Bench Presses
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x5
295x5
315x5

Band Face Pulls
AB+LBx10
AB+LBx10
AB+LBx10
AB+LBx10

Incline Bench Rear Delt Dumbbell Raises
30'sx21
30'sx17

28 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Back to lifting finally. Form felt fine but strength was definitely lacking from time off. Would have liked to have done another 20lbs for a small PR but it wasn't happening today. Face pulls are weird with the higher band tension since it really tries to pull me off balance. I moved these and the rear delt stuff quick as the gym was closing early due to the snow. I've done more than 30's but I felt like going light and going until I couldn't do another without taking a breath. Finished up stretching at home. Hopefully this is just the start of something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment