Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24, 2013 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke (drops at 50')
340x100'
520x50'
610x50'
700xpick
700x174'

Atlas Stone Loads to 60"
240x3
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2

Comments: Managed to get events in this week. Did endurance work for yoke and speed work for stones. The idea for yoke was to go as far as I can with a good weight until I have to drop it. Used a 50' course and warm-ups felt like garbage at times. Getting the yoke into position at the start and the first pick with 700lbs felt like crap. I just knew I had to get my head right. I was doing close to this weight for speed work a few weeks ago. It's not heavy, just do it. The actual work set felt remarkably better. Goal was to at least get 100' but aiming optimistically for 200'. Fatigue really kicked in on the third trip and I dropped it about half way on my fourth trip. Just one a done. Save that multiple drop and grind stuff for when it matters. Legs were swollen from this haha. Cleaned up the yoke stuff and got ready for stones. Just wanted to do speed work. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do doubles or singles. Hips didn't feel as snappy (probably from the yoking) but did doubles. Dirty stone is dirty. I was going to cut it at six but the first rep of that set was so piss poor I got angry and felt I needed to do two more sets for redemption. Figures a loose pebble came off the stone and cut my chest and hand a little. Not a lot of work but a lot of intensity. Looking forward to an easy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment