Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 24, 2016 – Week 6, Day 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

Hatfield Overload Squats
170x5
170x5
260x3
260x3
350x1
350x1
440x1
515x1
570x1
615x1

Deadlifts (straps)
155x5
245x3
335x1
405x1
455x1
495x5

Romanian Deadlifts w/ MB dbl
265x5
265x5

Kneeling Cable Abs
200x12
200x12
200x12

33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: With plans to run a mock contest on Saturday with the actual implements, this work was modified heavily. No event work which was fine as it rained most of the day anyways. Hatfield squats right off the bat. Some knee aches but nothing new and nothing serious. Increased weight but just singles. Weight definitely didn’t feel as crushing as last week but I felt slow on my walkouts with the weight. First heavy single almost felt like speed work weight. The top single wasn’t even that difficult really. Perhaps not having the other stuff made these not so rough haha. With the last workout this week changed, deadlift got moved to this day as well. A few more warm-ups than I have been doing just to get the form down after the heavy squats. Felt rough on my hamstrings on some reps leading up to the working set. I initially tried to get set and then look toward the wall and pull but it didn’t feel like I was getting the right drive off the floor. Like I was missing something and getting loose. I decided to then look at the floor a few feet in front of me and it felt loads better. Pull off the floor is still a lot slower than I would like but midpoint and lockout are strong. Was surprised with the increase for these considering how they have been feeling. I started to slow near the end but I feel I’m good for at least double the reps I did. Right in to romanian deadlifts with a single mini band. No warm-ups as this was right after deadlifts. Working on the arch. Definitely easier this week but again, different exercises and work before this exercise this time. Abs were even tougher this week. Maxed out the cable tower. Lots of strain to keep myself anchored to the ground and letting the weight move rather than vice versa. Stretched and then got recovery burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment