Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 17, 2010 - ME UB

Dynamic Warm-ups

Barbell Strict Presses
45x10
75x5
105x3
130x3
155x3
175x1
195x1
210x1
225x1
240x1 PR+10lbs
250x1 PR+20lbs

225x3

Parallel Bar Dips
bw+5x3
bw+30x3
bw+50x3
bw+75x3
bw+95x3
bw+120x3
bw+140x3 PR+5lbs

Neutral Grip Pullups
bw+15x12 PR+5lbs
bw+15x12
bw+15x12

Comments: Was not sure how today would go as I didn't know if the gym would be open at first. It was but when I got there, the power rack was being used. So I did my warm-ups but it was still in use so I started doing my sets of strict pressing. Still being used. So I sat down and just waited. About 15 minutes later, they left so I could begin my workout (waited a total of 35 minutes). So I put on my headsets to get my head right. First single was easy. I felt a little struggle with the next. A little bit more with the next so I added my belt. 225lbs wasn't terrible so I went on to 240lbs. I rushed the setup and that made for a tough lift so I spent time walking around and focusing before tackling 250lbs. Very happy to get that lift. I was little nervous for the downset with 225lbs as my best was a triple and I didn't think I'd be able to improve on that. First rep was easy, second one I missed grooved so I had to focus intensely on getting it right for the third. Got that one and tried to do the same for a fourth. My abs were pulsating. Started to move but no good. Still, it was much easier than when I last did this feat and that had been without maxing beforehand. Overhead is on the rise. Then I went on to weighted parallel bar dips. I had read about Adam Keep, a lightweight pro strongman who log presses 375lbs, doing these for assistance to his overhead pressing so I thought I'd give them a shot. I haven't done these in a while and when I last did them, I was around 30lbs lighter. I stopped doing them because they irritated something so I started really light. My form was off on the first few sets but once I got up in weight, I became quite efficient. Felt great on the triceps and didn't bother anything. Managed a small PR (technically a huge one considering the gain in bodyweight) and I hope to add to it in the coming months. Then went on to pullups. Forearms were a little fatigued but I managed to get all the reps. Only stretched out my calves today and forgot to finish stretching when I got home. I'll have to make up for that next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment