Dynamic Warm Up
Superman Holds (5 seconds)
PVCx3
PVCx3
PVCx3
Chest Supported Dumbbell I/T’s
12’sx10/10
12’sx10/10
12” Log Clean and Push Presses (1 clean)
90x5
120x4
150x3
180x2
210x1
235x1
255x1
255x0
235x2
235x1 (missed second)
Comments: This month has not been kind to me. Highlight had been hitting 176lbs circus dumbbell on 7/4 and it has kind of been downhill since. Power outage stuff messed things up royally for a few days and then family beach trip that was planned I never felt like I was able to relax despite my best efforts. Mostly I think because my right knee was bothering me coming off that first week of July and with the place we were staying out having a ton of stairs, didn’t really help. I went for a long beach walk and spent time in the pool doing walks and swimming to see if that helped and to burn off nervous energy. I will say that I at least didn’t have a back issue acting up coming into this trip this year like last year. But I think I had a plan at least while I was there to keep me busy and then be back home. But I guess I need to reevaluate how things go if I’m going to continue to aim at doing big competitions at the end of summer and knowing that I’ll have the flow interrupted. The world had other plans as the Thursday through Saturday air quality was real poor from forest fires up north so was kind of left to own devices and also getting ready for shift back to commuting schedule. I was unfortunately feeling anxious and little tired still even after having a week vacation. I would’ve liked to have another day rest to prepare but weather forecast was indicating a lot of storms the following day and I lack the flexibility to move stuff around with commuting schedule vs telework schedule. So training it was after work. Foam rolling was needed but not a crazy amount. Neck rehab stuff was ok and felt about how it should so that was good. Glute activation was ok and lower body stretches followed by a dead hang to decompress. Knee was feeling better with being home and sleeping in own bed. Nothing to really say about the warming up stuff of the PVC superman holds or the raises. These aren’t really an indicator of the session. With taking off a week with vacation, I was expecting this to be a heavier session for the log. This week looked to be heavier with notes indicating pushing it the next few weeks with the show being a month away now. With log, there were two options. One was work up to 255lbs for 1-2 singles and then do 235lbs for 3x2 and this was if I was feeling good. The other option was to not do the singles and just do 235lbs for 4x2 instead. With how I was feeling mentally and just how log has been feeling on me, I’ve not really been thrilled with anything over 210lbs in any capacity. Starting to loathe it like axle now. Trying out my new belt since the other one had the Velcro popping off an inopportune times. I felt an urgency with needing to get 255lbs if I wanted there to be any shot I get the mercy weight at worlds. 235lbs had just felt ok. Log for whatever reason has not been feeling comfortable with getting stable and pressing. Like a wider stance feels weird on my knees and I don’t feel like I got power but I’m stable to press through sticking point whereas a narrower stance it feels lighter and moves but I tend to misgroove and I can’t recover. I had to take allergy meds over the weekend due to the air so I knew there was a risk of me getting lightheaded with a heavy log on my chest. 235lbs went up easy according to the camera but it didn’t feel like something I felt that the second rep would’ve gone up well though with how I was feeling. I decided to be dumb and go with ego and aim to do the harder option on the workout sheet. I somehow got 255lbs up and then immediately had to set it down and collapse to the ground from convulsing. And rather than walk away from that and go on with the session to the next thing with goal achieved. I figured I’d try it again with the hope that it would be smoother as I’d be used to the weight on my chest and hopefully get in again. This did not happen. It felt lighter but it misgrooved and went way too far out in front of me. So attempted to salvage things and tell myself this was fine (it wasn’t) and dropped down to 235lbs for 3x2. That first double was rough and ended up being the only successful double I’d get on the day. I called the session there. My knee was bothering me now and I just felt embarrassed in myself. I ended up talking with my dad about things and trying to figure out where I’m going from here. But not likely I’m training rest of the week with getting my work caught up from being out and finding time to organize my thoughts.
Sunday, July 26, 2026
July 20, 2026 – Week 15, Day 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment