Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 14, 2016 – Week 1, Day 2

5 Minutes Elliptical

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx30

Sumo Box Touches (12” Box)
BWx25

Box Squats (17”)
BWx25

Regular Box Touches
BWx25

Squat Therapy (17” Box)
BWx25

Step Ups (14” Box)
BWx25/25

Stretching

Comments: Good bit of soreness in my delts from last workout. A bit more organized this time so setup didn’t take as long. 5 minutes on the elliptical with the highest elevation to target the most muscles and least joint impact. Same as last time. Heart rate only went up to 154bpm at the end. Soreness in my legs from previous session but thankfully not a lot. Perhaps the walking and using massage on my hamstrings helped. Calf work went well, no real messing around to get the right position like last session. Next on to box touches with a wide stance. Worked on keeping my back straight and having less bend in my knees this time. Still feeling good. Hamstrings tight. Box squats were next. Box height increased by 2”. Felt a little more in the hips and back this time, not quite as fatiguing in quads or midsection. Back to box touches with my conventional stance. These went well. Same idea as the wide stance; straight back, less knee bend. Squat therapy followed. Box height also increased here. Starting to like this drill. No issues in the shoulder this time. Last item on the agenda was step ups. One leg work can sometimes be jarring on the lower back. It was easy. Some ache in the lower back (on the not injured side) but I think it was more muscle fatigue. I had a harder time keeping track of where I was and which foot needed to go up next then the actual exertion. I think it would have been harder if I hadn’t been doing so much walking the last two weeks. Lower body was a bit stiffer than last session so I needed a bit more stretching in my hamstrings and calves then last time. Home to eat recovery burritos and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment