Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15, 2015 – Week 8, Day 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

Hatfield Overload Squats
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x1
315x1
365x5
365x5

Glute Ham Raises
bwx3
bwx3
bwx3

Yoke
230xpick
320xpick
410xpick
500xpick
500x60’
500x60’

Keg Over Bar (57”)
240x3
240x3
240x3

33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: It is almost mind-boggling how stiff and tight my sacrum and hips are this week. Much like last deload, hardest sets were the first sets. I tried doing the hatfield squats out of the tiered rack at Max Fitness and I’m not sure if this is a better option than what I had done last week with the other rack and the mats. May need to play around with it. The weight felt somewhat heavy on my back and my knees were kind of achy. Glute ham raise work was good, just some discomfort in my lower thighs from the pad but nothing major. Headed home to do event work. As before, it can be tough to do yoke without being agitated. Compared to last time (though that was for a longer distance) both sets were fairly close in comfort and effort. I had to deviate a bit on keg as the lightest one I have now is 240lbs and the plan was to do something much lighter. I can still do this weight all day but I paced myself and took it slow. Probably for the best as the keg had just been fixed up and was filled with insulation foam and that was a bit messy. Additionally, the weights I was using to keep the yoke planted were getting in the way of the loading. I will say that having to slow myself down allowed me to analyze the lift as I was doing it. While the gloves protect my hands from the random cuts I usually get, my left hand is slipping on the load and I’m putting a lot more pressure on my left thumb to keep it in place. I may need to ditch the gloves then if it will hamper me in the long run. After that, I had to do a ton of stretching with a lot of it focused on my hips, glutes and hamstrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment