Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November 18, 2014 – Week 1, Day 1

Not dead yet. As I said, I'm back to training. Right now, the goal is working on limit strength so there will be minimal event training. Honestly, it only be light yoke/farmer's walk medleys and pressing with the log at this point. I'd like to compete at a Pro/Am and/or Nationals in 2015. There is a Pro/Am in Chicago in May that could be fun but again, I have to see how deal with these next 12 weeks of training.

Dynamic Warm-ups

12” Log Jerks
100x5
100x5
135x3
165x3
195x1
225x1
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x3

12” Log Z Presses
100x1
150x3
175x3
200x2 PR+1 rep & 5lbs

Giant Set: Dumbbell Front Raises/Dumbbell Lateral Raises/Dumbbell Bent Over Raises
25'sx9/9/9
25'sx9/9/9
25'sx9/9/9

Band Pull A-parts
MMBx12
MMBx12
MMBx12
MMBx12

Myostatic French Presses
65x12
65x10
65x8

Band Scapular Retractions
SBx12
SBx12
SBx12

31 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Back to it. First up was log work from the rack. Even with the empty log, I felt fatigue in my shoulders just holding it. No issues with pain and legs still felt solid. Warmed up and got ready for the pain. I haven’t touched log work since June this year and that is the only time I’ve messed with the log. Fairly heavy weight with short rests in the sets. Last set was to be one short of failure but I think the fatigue caught up with me. I feel all unstable on that second rep each time and I had to reset or I felt I was going to have to bail on a third rep. I took a brief reprieve and blasted up another rep but didn’t go for anymore as I didn’t want to miss. Log z presses after that for what I was hoping would be a heavy triple. First work set felt too light and the next was nearly there. Overshot it on the last set and managed a hard fought double and fell over trying to muscle a third past the sticking point. It happens. From there, on to more assistance rep stuff. Three way shoulder stuff is always fun but man does the lactic acid build during the lateral raises. Used a higher band tension for the pull a-parts and my deltoids were already pretty toasty by this time. The French press was interesting. Essentially 1 & 1/3 reps which added up to a lot by the end, even with the light weight. Finished up with some scap work with high band tension. Feels like this could help stabilize my upper back some. Finished up with stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment