Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 17, 2013 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke (drops at 40')
250xpick
430x80'
610x40'
700xpick
790xpick
880x40'
930x40'
1070xpick

Conan's Wheel
+90xpick
+270xpick
+450xpick
+630xpick
+630x27'
+630x60'
+700x55'/+630x30'/+540x30'/+450x30'/+360x60'/+270x80'

Comments: First time actually training at Ironmill. The main goal of this workout was to see if I could handle conan's wheel stuff. I was the first one there besides Lou, Amanda and Ranger. A few quys from the Bucktown show were out to train. We warmed up carrying all of the conan's wheel parts outside as well as most of the plates. For yoke, I was going for a solid heavy run (hopefully with PR weight) and if still feeling spry, doing a heavy pick. Only the 40' to work with inside but that's fine. Warm-ups felt good. Switched to picks after the first two sets to save it for the heavy stuff. After the pick with 790lbs, I elected to use less than planned for my heavy run and went with 880lbs. Felt heavy but no doubts I was finishing with no drops. I was going to call it there but seeing others new to the sport going at it, I felt compelled to try some more weight. Ended up doing 20lbs over my best no drop yoke run after that. Quite pleased with that considering I haven't gone over 750lbs since early November at Nats. Finished up with a pick of 1070lbs with a 5-count hold. Not too bad once I got it up. Good boost of confidence in my yoke programming. I didn't enjoy conan's wheel. Haven't done it in about 2 years. Just did picks to warm-up (as most contests won't let me do much warming up on the apparatus with weight). Just felt off the whole time. Just posting the weights put on the thing rather than include whatever the arm weighs. Keeps me honest. I got less than half a revolution on my first go. Felt light headed, had to shake the cobwebs out. Super mad at that, it's hard to fight through something like that. Went again and just made it a full lap. Added more weight and tried to get another full lap. Got close but not quite. Better than just plain blacking out three steps into it haha. I had a stupid plan of doing a drop set right after the top weight and it was stupid. I just kept going until I fatigued and keep removing weights until I was back to just 270lbs on it. Over 285' total. Forearms and legs were sore so I figured it was as good of a time as any to pack it in. Good session but still very uncertain about the damn wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment