Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10, 2013 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Uphill Yoke (10 second runs)
355x75'0"
445x72'4"
535x64'5"
625x59'8"
725x56'0"

Atlas Stone Loads to 52"
240x3
335x1
385x1
420x1
452x3

Comments: Slept in to catch up on sleep, didn't help that I lost an hour for daylights savings. Upper body was sore from yesterday but I felt well enough to do some events. Got a lucky break getting access to stones later in the day so I did the speed runs on yoke. I tried filming these but ladders do not make good camera men. Quite pleased to work with over 700lbs for a "speed" run. Got in a good bit of conditioning putting all of the plates away in a hurry haha. Had to drive over to Jenkins' for stones. Got rear-ended on the way. Figures. Got set and ready for stones despite that. Plan was to see how I was feeling and see if I can hit a decent stone. Really my goal was to load the 420lbs and give my 452lbs a try. Did the first three stones with no tacky. Tacked up and went after the 420lbs stone. Much easier lap this time but it stuck to my shorts which made for a fantastic grinder to get it on the platform. I wasn't sure if I wanted to try the 452lbs one after that but I talked (yelled at) myself to get me ready for a run. Lapped it easier than the 420lbs stone and got it on the platform with little trouble. I was happy and thought about stopping but then a little voice said do another. Never tried to do more than a single with this stone. I walked back, shouted, and did it again. Abs were sore from straining. I was content and ready to start unwrapping the tape when that little voice said "nobody has done three with it". Definitely a near max effort to get it on the platform but I got it. Super pleased with that. I may get back to loading my 505lbs stone again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment