Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 11, 2015 – Week 11, Day 1

Deload came early this time. Spirit is willing but the body is spongy and bruised. Since November, I’ve maybe had three weeks total of no lifting. It is not like the reset button gets hit every four weeks. Week to week fatigue, month to month fatigue, etc. As much as I’d like to keep pushing it, my body and mind need it now. Big picture, not trying to “win” this week, I want to win at the contest. Joints are achy, right oblique occasionally acting up, both biceps tender and now my right knee is sore and slightly swollen. Super deload it is.

Dynamic Warm-ups

12” Log Jerks
90x5
90x5
120x3
120x3
150x1
150x1
180x3
180x3
180x3

Parallel Bar Dips
bwx8
bwx8

Band Pull A-parts
MMB+MBx12
MMB+MBx12
MMB+MBx12
MMB+MBx12

Band Scapular Retractions
SB+(2)ABx12
SB+(2)ABx12
SB+(2)ABx12

31 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Started out with log work from the rack. Weight is fine on my shoulders but really had to take my time to get my knee to not give me fits. Enough blood flowing and motivation will make most pains go away. Weight flew up to lockout but had to be cautious with the knee. Dips after that. Just my bodyweight but that still not pleasant as all my joints and muscles in my upper body were tight and achy. Thankfully, the second set was much more forgiving. Right into band exercises. Other than the first set of pull aparts, these were a nice distraction. A bit of stretching to end this easy session.

No comments:

Post a Comment