Saturday, June 27, 2015

June 26, 2015 – Week 4, Day 3

Dynamic Warm-ups

Axle Z Presses
72x5
94x3
116x3
138x1
160x1
185x3
185x3
185x3

Close Grip Barbell Bench Presses
45x10
95x5
95x5
145x3
145x3
195x1
195x1
245x3
245x3
245x3

Neutral Grip Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses
65’sx6
65’sx6

Neutral Grip Pull-ups
bwx3
bwx3
bwx3

33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Rage was at a low simmer from some other crap but it will pass, especially after a good night’s sleep. The semi-deload week continues. I say semi-deload as some of the weights are a bit heavier than in the past. Still, trying to do this work with no support equipment and without the insanity switch flipped. Started things off with axle z presses. Used the kilo bumper plates for my weight jumps until I got to the work set. Good power off my shoulders and only a little hesitation to push through to lockout. After that was bench. Felt alright with the bar and first two sets of warm-ups. Trying to have my legs engaged from the beginning, tougher than it seems haha. As the weight increased, definitely felt the pressure on my joints. Weight moved well but it felt about 50lbs heavier. Dumbbell work followed. I think it was harder to pick the weights up to my lap then any of the pressing. Good and fast work, how most of the deload stuff usually is. Pull-ups to end the day. No weight for low reps. Over pulled the first two sets and that started to irritate my right biceps. Slowed it down for controlled reps on the last one. Stretched forever to end the session. Quick workout and didn’t have wring out my t-shirt afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment