Thursday, May 14, 2015

May 13, 2015 – Week 12, Day 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

Hatfield Overload Squats
135x5
135x5
225x3
225x3
315x1
365x1
405x3
405x3
405x3

Glute Ham Raises
bwx6
bwx6
bwx6

Yoke
320x50’
320x50’
410x50’
410x50’
500x50’
500x50’

Comments: Weird week continues and again, I’m thankful this is a deload week so not much brain power and effort needed. I should mention that my right knee kind of “gave” on me when I got up Tuesday morning to turn off my alarm. Knee is fine, just tender going through a full range of motion. So extra cautious during this workout. For hatfields, the first set actually felt the best. Trying to stay upright and working on my reversal out of the hole. As I’ve mentioned before, it is difficult to gauge effort since this is a supramax compared to what I’d be normally squatting. Since the lower back was spared, hamstrings got some extra attention on the ghrs. Knee tenderness was present here too but it seemed to lessen with each set. Home for yoke. Did two sets at each weight, doing plate jumps. As I expected, second sets were the better of each pairing. Again, a bit of a challenge to do these without going up a level of intensity with the supramax weights. I made it work and it was comfortable and even with the greater weight, this was less issues for the knee due to reduced range of motion. Keg work had been scheduled but due to the fact I don’t really have a deload weight keg and what has happened with my head the past two sessions, it was skipped to allow for more recovery. No time to get the stretching in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment