Thursday, September 10, 2026

September 9, 2026 – Week 2, Day 2

Dynamic Warm Up 

Paused Tibialis Raises (2 seconds)/Calf Raises
bwx25/bwx25 (FHL)
bwx25/bwx25 (KOT)

ATG Split Squats (20 seconds rest)
bwx5/5 
bwx5/5 
bwx5/5 
bwx5/5 
bwx5/5 

Inverted Rows/Band Reverse Jefferson Curls/Paused Seated Safety Squat Bar Goodmornings (3 seconds)
bwx15/mbx12/85x12
bwx15/mbx12/85x12
bwx15/mbx12/85x12

Dumbbell Windmills (3-1-3-0 tempo)
40x6/6
40x6/6
40x6/6

Chaos Chain Bradford Presses (90 seconds rest)
PVC+44lbsx45 seconds
PVC+44lbsx45 seconds
PVC+44lbsx45 seconds

Ankle Weight High Knee Marches
21’sx25/25
21’sx25/25

Stretching

Comments: I had felt like I had adapted to this training on Monday session at least from a recovery standpoint. I was not feeling the DOMS after the last session and kind of itching to do “real” training again. But doing this plan to try and get some more out of this tank I got left. I’ve been also less stressed I think with having everything kind of planned out and not really focusing on recording efforts to send to someone for review. At least for last week and this week. I have been reviewing my plan and making changes as I think on things some more or see stuff I liked from what I’m doing or noticing where I can cut some stuff and the like. This is the first week back to the office and Monday was off so Tuesday first day back. One of the things trying is a slight diet change. I’ve indicated that I’ve felt sluggish in office vs at home and I can’t eat what I do at home there. I had figured the main culprit was probably the protein shake as usually I take that after training or before going to bed or after a competition and when doing so at home, I was able to be comfortable and not in a dry building wearing pants (clothes are a prison). The flavor and brand I like was sold out and really pricey to get somewhere else so I decided I’d just go with Rice Krispie Treat instead. It has helped with long workouts so maybe here. I know my blood sugar doesn’t seem to crash from that. But also about 500 calorie difference. I’ve felt a little hungry coming home from work but no sluggishness so I’ll take this as a slight win here. Anyways, walking Tuesday and training today. Foam roller stuff to start and I was shocked how little I felt I needed in the usual trouble areas. Upper back needed it the most today. No issues with the neck rehabbing exercises. Glute activation started out fine but then just getting down to the floor I had my right knee “crack” and ache so that put a damper on things. But I persisted with the drills and mobility for lower body (double one stretch) and then a dead hang. Then time to train in the garage. You’d think it would’ve cooled off with September but no. First thing was the pairing for the ankle/lower legs of tibs and calves. As has been the case, the pauses and high reps with the tib raise portion have been killers on this. No real issues for the calves other than my right side lagging as it has been. From there on to ATG split squats. Like last time, 5x5, so remaining unchanged from last week as had felt challenging enough. I was leery about my knees with how they were feeling but I was glad I could do reps to the floor on this exercise without issue. There were some knee aches but nothing that was hampering the exercise. I felt good enough that I decided I’d just do them back to back with no rest between sides and a short breather between sets. I didn’t want to do more reps or add weight to these. This felt like a good way to get these done and not prolong the session taking 30 seconds rest between sides or something like that. The bodyweight only stuff for the session was finished and it was time to do the triset I did last time with inverted rows, band reverse Jefferson curls and paused seated ssb goodmornings. I was not making changes to stuff on the first two but the last one I was looking at more weight. The rows and reverse jeffersons were fine and I feel like I was better used to them this week. I wasn’t too sure how the ssb gms were going to be with added weight but honestly I didn’t really notice much difference. From there it was the tempo windmills. These had felt tight on the one side and fine enough, felt a little rough. I decided to start on the side that felt stiffer to start this time around. The shoulder and upper body part of things felt improved but definitely was still feeling stiff/tight in the bottom position of these. My right knee was also feeling tight here as well. Overall less taxing compared to last week but kind of wished they felt better than they did. Oh well. Chaos chain Bradford presses for timed sets followed that. I had liked how these felt last time and felt maybe I had not done enough time with it being only 30 seconds as the original protocol I had was 60 seconds with 120 seconds rest. I was tempted to jump right to that but I thought better of it as the burn was starting to be present by the second and third set so I split the difference with 45 seconds and 90 seconds rest. Yep, this was enough of a jump as the first set was fine but burning on the second set with deep burn by the end and essentially just deep burn for the third set. I may prolong the agony of these for work capacity reasons for the shoulders and scapula beyond this 2 week restoration stint. Then the last thing was those ankle weight marches. 10lbs was way too light as felt like nothing really. But adding weight was tricky. It took a bit to anchor 11lbs more of chain to each leg with the carabiners I had available. It took longer than I would’ve liked for this to get resolved but this was definitely enough weight now that it felt like something. Put stuff away and ate dinner before eventually stretching. Just trying to make it to the weekend at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment