Saturday, September 5, 2026

September 5, 2026 – Week 1, Day 3

Dynamic Warm Up

Echo Bike/Backwards Sled Drags (turf)/Anti-rotational Side Scoop Tosses
90 seconds/185x60’—60’/14x8—8
90 seconds/185x60’—60’/14x8—8
90 seconds/185x60’—60’/14x8—8
90 seconds/185x60’—60’/14x8—8

Band Assisted Pull Ups/Slingshot Dips/Anti-rotational Kettlebell Woodchopper Swings
sbx12/bwx12/70.5x15 – 15 
sbx12/bwx12/70.5x15 – 15 
sbx12/bwx12/70.5x15 – 15 

Nordic Curl Negatives (5 seconds)/Quad Fallbacks (12” target)
bwx5/bwx12
bwx5/bwx12
bwx5/bwx12

Mace Halo Swings
19x20/20
19x20/20

Stretching

Comments: I got out 3hrs early from work Friday which wasn’t expected so that made it rough to try and get stuff down as already a 3 day weekend with the holiday on Monday. Plus having to switch over to the commuting schedule. Some things that I take for meals at work have been out of stock so that will I guess make things interesting. Though having not a true full week of work this week and next is helpful with getting back into the swing of things I guess. I was feeling tired Friday and figured I’d just wake up when I decided I was done sleeping Saturday. I did have family stuff in the early evening but the workouts wouldn’t take that long this week and next. But I was not terribly thrilled to be driving out to train so far. I was going to need to fill up my tank for work next week. I’m probably a little salty about nothing being posted by the gym about me competing at World’s. This isn’t the first time that a competition I was doing was missed. That is probably one of the reasons I don’t tag the gym in posts after contests or the training reel before the competition. But I did end up sleeping in later than I was expecting. Left shoulder was sore from another vaccine shot I got Friday (one on Monday). More to make sure I don’t get sick at work. Drive out wasn’t that bad considering holiday weekend. Only two people there and they left before I got into my true workout and then only a few people after that. It was warm in the gym even with the fans. Foam rolling starting things off. Surprisingly I didn’t need as much compared to the past two sessions. Neck rehab/mobility stuff felt like it should. No issues with glute activation or lower body mobility. Dead hang to finish things up, could feel a little tension in the shoulder where I got the shot. Compared to the other two sessions, this one was the “oddest”. I also made adjustments as I went from the plan I had just as I did things. So the initial thing was a triset of echo bike into sled drags and then medicine ball tosses. What I originally had was only 30 seconds on the bike and then 75’ on the sled drag (scoop tosses no changes). I was having 4 sets so that I’d end up with 2 minutes of bike time but more so that I’d do even number of sets on the drags so I could have the last one be at the start for easier time putting stuff away. But I felt like 30 seconds was not enough time and figured I’d do longer and also longer distance on the drags. This is the first thing and it wasn’t like I’d be able to go right into a 30 seconds all out sprint either. The air from the bike wheel also helped with motivating and keeping me cool. Sled drag on the turf I elected do 60’ down and then back so 120’ total for the set. I’ve never done the side scoop tosses. Idea was anti-rotational with a staggered stance to chuck into the wall. This was interesting. I was initially thinking after increasing the time and distance on the first two parts to doing just 3 sets instead of 4 sets but I toughed it out. Put that stuff away before moving onto the next triset. This was a bit more traditional in that it was all weights. The idea with the pull ups and dips with assistance was more to be easier on joints and to make sure I was getting in the higher reps. These were to help with getting ribcage and scapula in good spot. The pull ups were tougher but I kind of expected that with how my recovery between sets has been in the past. The dips were surprisingly easy and nothing was bothered by that. The kettlebell stuff was really challenging. I of course grabbed the heaviest kettlebell in the gym for these and having never done them. These took a bit to figure out. Again, anti-rotational stuff with the staggered stance. I think these had me more dead than the bike stuff. I was contemplating just doing 2 sets instead of 3 sets here and then going to doing just 2 sets of the swings. I just took a longer rest before doing the last set of swings to get over that. I was a sweaty mess after that and laid down by a fan to cool off. That was the end of the really tough stuff. Next was an interesting pairing I had been considering/thinking off. The first half being Nordic curl eccentrics. 3x3-5 and I figured I’d do 5 seconds as that had generally been what I’ve done. The setup at the gym isn’t the best as using the manual leg curl machine. I like these better with floor anchor and pad but not time to do that. This to kind of wake up the hamstrings and get things prepped for what is to come. The other part then being mobility work for the quads with the fall backs. It has been several years since these were in my training and I was pleasantly surprised that I could hit 12” target first session back. These were a bit awkward and I was considering to do just 2 sets of these instead of 3 sets but I told myself that only one thing left after this. The original plan did have the tib raises and calf raises in the mix but I decided to not do them since the quad fall backs was stretching out the anterior tibs a lot so figure just wait until Monday to do them then. So the last thing was to do what I put as mace work. I’ve never tried doing mace work. But idea was to have scapula moving with control and be mobile. The gym has one of those Kabuki Strength ShouldeRök and it had a 10lbs plate on it so I weighed it to see what I got to work with. I had looked at some warm up drills for the halo swings and honestly, the one drill was harder than the halo swings while the others didn’t really do anything for me. I had a bit of a rough time with the first set. But I think part of that was worrying about hitting my glasses with my arms and my head wrap. Once I took those off, I had no issues with the second set. The shoulder aspect is one thing but I did like the wrist and grip stress from this. I had already downed my shake before I did these as I knew I’d have to have an early dinner with family. Drove home and got gas before coming home. I stretched much later after family stuff was done. First week down with next week being a repeat and then moving on to some prep training worth filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment